HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Prairie Huswyfe


Here is your sneak peek at the second Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club project called Prairie Huswyfe.  This quilt combines two of my favorite elements: basket blocks and red fabric.  I'm a total sucker for them both.  Is this the entire quilt or just a portion?  Hmmmmm.  Stay tuned!

We are making progress on the kitchen re-do and other home improvements still going on here.  Granite countertops were installed last week.  We hired a professional faux painter to assist with some special wall treatments.  The first room, the main floor powder room, was just finished yesterday.  I chose a faux sponge-y effect in shades of sage green and navy blue.  I'm madly in love with the way it turned out!  I promise more photos in the days to come.  Right now, there's just a bare bulb hanging from a wire illuminating the pretty walls. Lovely as you can imagine!  Give me a few days to clean up, install the new light fixture, faucet, etc, and I promise to show you how it's coming along.

Hope you're having a good week.  If you're like me, we're all preparing for Thanksgiving Day, and beginning to think about decorating and shopping. Never a dull moment, huh!

Pam





4 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, I can't wait to see it and better yet make it!!!! Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the different way each basket was made; looking forward to January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize that French General fabric! Very nice. I like how the center of every basket is different. Very clever. Appeals to someone with quilters ADD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,

    What a darling sneak peak! I also really like the difference in the baskets, and am guessing this is probably just a part of this project. Great fabs, too!

    Gosh, you could've hired out my neighbor to sponge paint your rooms; you should see hers!! Can't wait to see your remodel progress.

    Happy Thanksgiving,

    Karla

    ReplyDelete