Thursday, November 18, 2010

Prairie Huswyfe


Here is your sneak peek at the second Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club project called Prairie Huswyfe.  This quilt combines two of my favorite elements: basket blocks and red fabric.  I'm a total sucker for them both.  Is this the entire quilt or just a portion?  Hmmmmm.  Stay tuned!

We are making progress on the kitchen re-do and other home improvements still going on here.  Granite countertops were installed last week.  We hired a professional faux painter to assist with some special wall treatments.  The first room, the main floor powder room, was just finished yesterday.  I chose a faux sponge-y effect in shades of sage green and navy blue.  I'm madly in love with the way it turned out!  I promise more photos in the days to come.  Right now, there's just a bare bulb hanging from a wire illuminating the pretty walls. Lovely as you can imagine!  Give me a few days to clean up, install the new light fixture, faucet, etc, and I promise to show you how it's coming along.

Hope you're having a good week.  If you're like me, we're all preparing for Thanksgiving Day, and beginning to think about decorating and shopping. Never a dull moment, huh!

Pam





5 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, I can't wait to see it and better yet make it!!!! Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!! I am a big fan of red and basket blocks too! Just finished a top for my mother for Christmas with basket blocks.

    I am going to say that that is part of a bigger quilt! I'll stayed tuned to see if I'm right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the different way each basket was made; looking forward to January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize that French General fabric! Very nice. I like how the center of every basket is different. Very clever. Appeals to someone with quilters ADD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam,

    What a darling sneak peak! I also really like the difference in the baskets, and am guessing this is probably just a part of this project. Great fabs, too!

    Gosh, you could've hired out my neighbor to sponge paint your rooms; you should see hers!! Can't wait to see your remodel progress.

    Happy Thanksgiving,

    Karla

    ReplyDelete