HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dream Come True!


Inside of this box is a genuine dream come true! 

It arrived several weeks ago, and contained the results of many months
of planning, creativity, and heartfelt work to produce......

my very first fabric line with Marcus Brothers Fabrics, called

Heart of the Prairie!

A family near Broken Bow, NE.  c. 1888.  Treadle sewing machines were often included in family
photos of this era, as they were very proud to show they owned one.

My inspiration for Heart of the Prairie came from many of the antique quilts I own made in the nineteenth century.  I'm very fond of simple calico prints, and chose to
feature the popular Indigo blues, pinks, and soft greens of the era. 
These simple prints echo the simple life of early America. 

I also chose to add two floral prints that, in my mind, would have been something a Prairie woman would have chosen, to make a special Sunday dress, to wear to church, and other social gatherings.

Most of the light print backgrounds feature a new finish I call "Prairie Dirty",
giving them a feel of comfort that comes from daily use, and the
gentle aged patina of soft wear, as nothing stayed white and clean on the Prairie!


Here's a sneak peek of one of the quilts I've created using the Heart of the Prairie collection.

I've created three new individual quilt patterns using my new collection, and will reveal them here in the next few weeks. In addition, several of the quilts/projects in Journey Four of the
Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club also use my fabrics.

  Heart of the Prairie is scheduled to be delivered to quilt shops in July.

Visit Marcus Brothers Fabrics on May 1st to see the entire collection!
Click here to see my profile.
My deepest thanks to Faye, Pati & Stephanie at Marcus Brothers!  You made this wonderful journey a joy from beginning to end, and I loved every moment working with you!

I hope you will enjoy the Heart of the Prairie collection, and create a quilt that will
...Journey the threads of time! â


Pam

31 comments:

  1. A very big and well deserved congratulations to you! The fabrics look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulatins, Pam ~ I cannot wait to get my hands on it (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - this looks wonderful and I will certainly have to add this to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Pam! I am anxious to see and feel your new fabric...will be looking for sure! Love the picture...interesting about the treadle machine in pictures...always something to learn:) Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait!!!! Oh boy those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you! You must be thrilled and we are all excited to finally have another reproduction fabric designer at Marcus Brothers! Enjoy the feeling of this accomplishment! The fabric is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! It's a beautiful line and I love the colors. Hope it'll be in our shops soon as well.
    Dutch hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I love the blues! Congratulations on a wonderful line. Might have to put my indigo quilt on hold until these reach the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Pam! How awesome is this! Can't wait to see them.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Beautiful!! Can't wait to see this line show up in shops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting - congrats! Can't wait to see (and pet) them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - so exciting! Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your dream come true. I hope I can find a shop in my area that participates in the Sewing Circle. Am always glad to see a new line of fabrics from the 1800's.
    I live just a just north of Broken Boe, NE. Hope some day you can visit our state.
    Cangratulations again to you.
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam - the fabric is beautiful. Alot of hard work, but your dream came true. I love the name "Prairie Dirty". One of my quilting friends loves primitive, dark colors. She calls her style "dirt floor primitive". Your fabric would suit her. Will have to ask at my LQS if she has ordered some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Pam! It's gorgeous fabric. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are wonderful; congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Since I met you in blog land I wondered where your fabrics were! Now you have them! Congrats on a huge accomplishment! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, what an exiting accomplishment! I love this fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats! looking forward to seeing the new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My heartfelt congratulations! A few months ago, you mentioned a "secret" that you were working on. I guessed a book. So glad that I was wrong - love the fabric. My mother grew up on the Colorado prairie so a good
    reason to buy your new line. Will look forward to purchasing it.

    Charlotte
    Murrieta, CA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, que c'est beau!!!
    J'adore ces tissus!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love these fabrics and can't wait to get my hands on some - great job

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your fabric line! I know it will be a ginormous success!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats! how exciting for you. I just became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE LOVE LOVE can hardly wait for the fabric I have printed the pattern and I am waiting for the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on a really beautiful line of fabrics !!

    ReplyDelete