HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, April 13, 2012

Pocket Patchwork ~ Busy Work ~ Part Three


Are you still with me?  From the comments I've been getting, it looks like I have quite a few friends sewing along with me!  I must say, it's really so very nice to sew with friends!  Thanks!!

I've received a few emails asking for yardage information, and I'm sorry I hadn't figured that out well ahead of time.  I've been in crush-pre market-mode, and didn't make the entire quilt before beginning our sew-along, so I don't have yardage figures for you this time, but rest assured, I'll do better next time!  My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and I hope you'll join me anyway.

Well...enough of that...let's get to Block Three of our Busy Work quilt......

Cutting Instructions

*Cut (4) 2 1/2 inch black squares for corners.
*Cut (2) 3 1/4 inch light squares - crosscut twice on diagonal for Quarter Square Triangles.
*Cut (1) 3 1/4 inch black square - crosscut twice on diagonal for Quarter Square Triangles.
*Cut (1) 3 1/4 inch brown square - crosscut twice on diagonal for Quarter Square Triangles.
*Cut (1) 2 1/2 inch black square - for square-in-a-square unit.
*Cut (4) 1 1/2 inch light squares for sq-in-a-square unit connector corners.

Piecing Instructions


1). Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the (4) 1 1/2 inch light print squares.  Place in a corner of the 2 1/2 inch black square and sew on the drawn line; press and trim.  Repeat for the remaining corners to make a square-in-a-square unit that measures 2 1/2 inches.

2). Sew Quarter Square Triangles together as shown to measure 2 1/2 inches.

3).  Arrange the pieces as shown and sew together into rows; press.  Sew rows together; press.

Block should measure 6 1/2 inches unfinished.



I just have to say how much I appreciate all of the comments I receive from you guys!! 




17 comments:

  1. I haven't had a chance to get them together yet but it is looking lovely and I love the colours you are using .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking time for us when you have sooooooo much going on in your life now! Another darling block:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just found your blog and absolutely love it. I subbed to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam - This is my first comment but my 3rd time making on of your projects. I love each one of them. Thanks so much for squeezing out the time in your 30 hr. days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to call in Merry Maids and get to sewing! My blocks are so pretty, I am using green, purple, and cream my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found myself really looking forward to Friday this week, not for the end of a work week, but for the next block in your SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really fun, hope we can do this again. Look forward to every Friday evening when my new block shows up. I am also using Little Gatherings.
    Really like the Little Red Schoolhouse pattern, will put that on my want list. Can't wait to see the other new patterns. Hope someday I can join a Prairie Women's Sewing Club.
    Looking forward to next week already.
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful block! I have the first two made and waiting for a buddy! Thanks, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the blocks. They are so much fun. I am doing mine in civil war greens, golds, and tans. I already finished this weeks block.

      Delete
  9. I do my block when it arrives, pin it on my design wall and smile every time I look at them. My weeks are usually busy so it's always a surprise to find the new block in my email box on Fridays even though I know that's when they are posted. Tomorrow is my Prairie Women's club, my hubby sometimes only 'half listens' to me ramble about my groups, so he asked me last month "when do you go to Prairie Dog again". All the gals got a big chuckle out of that. Thanks for the patterns--but especially your wonderful GREAT instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the patterns, this may be my favorite so far... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spent a very pleasant morning piecing #2 & #3 blocks and for now I am caught up. I am using a small bundle of Little Gatherings my sister, Judy gifted me this year for my birthday. She is on board as well. Thanks for providing us the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So far so good! Looking forward to making #3 to go along with my first two! This is such a nice little weekend treat! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got home from one of my favorite quilt shops, Bittersweet in Pinconning, MI. She carries almost all the fabrics you have used in the little blocks. I bought oodles of fat quarters and I'm looking forward to making your blocks. I have also given your blog address to three of my quilting friends so they can sign up also! Thank you so much for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pam, I have my 3 blocks done and up on my design wall. They are so pretty, I am using the same fabrics as yours. I can't deside which block I like the best they are all so cute!! Thanks for the SAL. Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure if my post went through. Stupid computer.....giggle. It couldn't have been meeee.

    I've finished Block 3 and posted it on my blog. Love these little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'M a return quilter from way, way before the internet. My sister wants me to make her a 14" quilted pillow from three fabrics she purchased. Can square one be refigured to make this happen. Can anyone help me with the math?!!

    ReplyDelete