HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, January 18, 2013

Pocket Patchwork ~ Orphans & Scraps ~ Part Three

Did you all have success with your on-point Four Patches!!  Hope so!  This week, we're making use of some orphan Half Square Triangles.  You'll be finished with this block in no time!

You'll need (16) assorted HST that measure 1 1/2" unfinished.  You can certainly take larger orphan HST and trim them down as well.  If you need to make a few, follow the cutting instructions below.

*Cutting Instructions:

*Cut (16) 1 7/8" light and medium/dark squares.


Choosing a wide variety of fabric prints and colors will give this block extra sparkle.  Arrange the HST as shown, then sew together into rows.  I pressed rows in alternate directions for opposing seams, or you can press them open.  Sew rows together for a block that should finish to 4 1/2".

Easy, breezy.....until next week!  Pam

17 comments:

  1. I am in love with the fabrics you are using Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to be using up some of my orphans. I really loved the block from last week. Thanks Pam, Karen S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELP...I've fallen behind and I can't catch up!
    Actually I will do my best to catch up on Sunday. Busy at work and other stuff for work keeping me away from this fun! Pam, I love your fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone, Colleen! :) I'm still working on last week's block. I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Loving the look of the scrappy blocks. Looking forward to block 4.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos aren't showing up, could you possibly send it to me via email? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I am looking forward to how this little beauty is going to finish up. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that was great. I used the HST left from last week and cut them down. It looks great and only took about 30 minutes. I can't wait for see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!! I look forward to doing this block too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo block # 3 done and looking forward to next Fridays addition.

    Thanks so much for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finished Block #3 today. I love these cute little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made my block on Saturday and added to the other two - can't wait for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the block and the scrappy look. Ready for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am really having fun with these little blocks. Looking forward to block 4.
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I actually got this one done on time! You can see my block here:
    http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/2013/01/orphans-scraps-part-3-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. These blocks are a really fun challenge for as ihabe never done small before.I love it.
    Jean January 22-at3am

    ReplyDelete