HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, June 14, 2013

Just Humming Along

I'm just humming along at the moment.  Not the singing kind of humming, but the toodle-ing around kind.  You know...you're just doing what needs doing with not much fan fare.  

I've started another Journey 5 quilt....we're cutting lots of Nabby's Dowry sew-along kits, writing patterns, making quilt labels, sketching a few designs, reading about nineteenth century life, looking for good stuff on Pinterest....you know...the usual.  Humming along....




When I have a moment or two, I try to read my favorite blogs.  One of my fav's in my dear friend, Tara Lynn Darr of Sew Unique Creations.  She has big news and was finally able to share it on her blog a few days ago.  



This is the cover of Tara's new book..but this time the projects all feature quilts that combine cottons and wools.  Let me tell you....Tara was born to design with cottons and wools.  I was fortunate to see about half of the quilts for this book in person.  May I say...over-the-moon wonderful!!  



The back cover gives you a sneak peek at several of the projects, but it's just a tease.  Take my word for it...if you love combining wools and cottons, you MUST HAVE this book!!  Click here to go to Tara's website and pre-order your copy!  While you're browsing, check our her last book, Simply Charming.





I wanted to share this quilt photo with you.  Quilter, Marsha Burwash, made her version of my quilt, Scattered Leaves, for her son and daugher-in-law.  She made this quilt as a wedding gift to them.  Marsha said "the wedding was held in Colorado with the Aspen groves in full fall colors".  Marsha had the wedding guests sign the blocks, then made the quilt for the newlyweds.  I thought it was a wonderful choice as a remembrance of the wedding, the guests, and the setting, and I was honored she chose my pattern.  



Scattered Leaves was first published in American Patchwork & Quilting magazine several years ago and made the cover of that issue.  I'm honored to say it was once again chosen as the cover for the new Quilt-Lovers Favorites Vol 13!!  This cover is actually a water color painting of the quilt that is absolutely amazing.  

Thanks, Marsha, for allowing me to share your special occasion and your Scattered Leaves quilt!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just binding a quilt today from Simply Charming. Thanks for the heads-up on the new book.
    And congrats to you on being chosen cover girl (or quilt)--again!

    ReplyDelete