HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Huckleberry Patches - McCall, Idaho

Hello from the great western states!  I've been gone from home for over a week now, traveling through Idaho and am presently in Wyoming.  I've made two very enjoyable stops to give lectures and workshops, and have now been joined by my husband, and we'll be vacationing....but, I'm getting ahead of myself. 

My first stop was to Huckleberry Patches Quilt Shop in McCall, ID, a few hours from Boise into the beautiful mountains. 
S
Shop owner Lisa Murrant of Huckleberry Patches Quilt Shop
McCall is a very charming community nestled in the mountains of Idaho, right at the shores of Payette Lake.  Shop owner, Lisa Murrant was my host.  She and partner, Katie (now retired..missed you Katie!) opened Huckleberry Patches about eleven years ago.  (Huckleberries are indigenous all over ID & WY)  The shop was featured in AP&Q's Quilt Sampler last year.  You'll see why in the following pictures:

 Inspiration abounds in every nook and cranny in the shop.


Lisa has quite a knack for creating beautiful displays...

With quilting goodies everywhere you look!



There's most definitely something for everyone at Huckleberry Patches.  Lisa hosted a rotating trunk show of my quilts all summer long.  

Huckleberry Patches also has an active Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club!

Cornelian BOM

Huckleberry Patches hosts a lot of Block of the Month programs.  I thought this one was exceptional.  It's called Cornelian by Hugs 'n Kisses.  Call the shop at 208-634-4933 to sign up!!


The highlight of my time there was definitely the three days of workshop classes with the quilters who live and traveled to McCall!  Talented and friendly ladies who made each day a pleasure to be sure!

With heartfelt thanks to Lisa and all the wonderful, generous ladies I met in all my workshops.
You all made my trip one I'll never forget!!  

More from my trip to Idaho soon....stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. If I ever get to McCall again, I will have to check out that shop.
    Sounds like you are having a good trip. I look forward to more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous shop! Looks like your workshops were very successful...the blocks are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved "visiting " Huckleberry Patches Quilt shop. Wish I could go there. What is the name of the block the ladies are holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great store! If I take my car to Texas, stop at the Grand Canyon, i going to go out ofy way to visit this store!

    ReplyDelete