HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, June 22, 2015

Prairie Gathering Quilt of the Quarter ~ Month Six

This marks the half-way point of our Prairie Gathering Quilt of the Quarter piecing journey.  Hard to believe that we've come this far already!  This month isn't going to be exciting, I'm afraid.  Like last month, we're deep into piecing lots of the same units, and cutting fabric, and saving for later.  Does that sound like drudgery to you?  

I know it can be, but sometimes, this is my favorite kind of piecing because I've done it all before, so don't have to think too much about it.  It's the perfect piecing to watch a movie by, or listen to a good book because you're just sending the units through the machine.  Right now, that sounds like heaven to me!
Take comfort this month in this easy, done-it-before piecing assignment because things are going to really change next month!  And you'll be piecing your little heart out from here on, making this quilt sing border by border!!

Hesitant to sound like a broken record, but I must remind you to measure, measure, measure.  

You'll benefit in a big way next month when your units all measure what they should.  I'll be coaching you through my best tips on accurate pieced borders next month.  When the heat and/or humidity (which is how it is where I live) become too much for you, spend some time sewing and watching a good summer movie, and just enjoy this piecing journey.   

There really is so much pleasure to be had in taking your time with piecing, and soak in the beauty of your work.  That's is, after all, what its all about!  Let's not rush through it.

If you'd like, click here to see my previous piecing hints for these units.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric combo.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete