HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Sew Some Wild Oaks

Huckleberry Hill by Lynn Wilder of Sew'n Wild Oaks Designs (c) 2017
When I design fabric, 80% of the time, I already have the quilt designed for the collection and therefore, a specific picture is cemented in my mind of what I'll do with it.  Usually, I do make several other things with the collection, but after that, I've moved on to the next new thing.  

So, I am just delighted when I receive photos of what another designer is inspired to create with some of my fabric,  and so goes the story of the photo above.  This absolutely stunning basket is the creation of a very talented quilt designer, Lynn Wilder of California.  I had the pleasure of meeting Lynn at Spring Market last year after becoming smitten with one of her quilts that was hanging in the Marcus Fabrics booth.  
(Lynn's quilt, Heritage, is the quilt furthest to the left in the photo.)

She wanted to share what she is doing with my Star Spangled Liberty fabric and sent me these two photos.  Isn't it clever to use Log Cabin blocks like this?  And the ribbon border for the basket weave at the top?  And the bow is to die for!


Huckelberry Hill by Lynn Wilder of Sew'n Wild Oaks Designs (c) 2017
Here's an upclose photo of the basket rim and applique details.  I see some prints in there from Old Green Calicos and the little leaves with the berries are from Conestoga Crossing as well.

The basket blocks you see are for Lynn's new upcoming pattern called Huckleberry Hill.  Lynn plans to make two red and two blue baskets for her quilt.  I can't wait to see it all finished.  She also writes a fun, informative and inspiring blog I think you'll enjoy.  Click here for her blog.  Her pattern company is called Sew'n Wild Oaks.

I've seen sneak peeks at several of Lynn's upcoming projects that she's making with on of my future fabric lines, and let me tell you......DIVINE!

Enjoy reading Lynn's blog and perusing her pattern selections.  She's a very sweet and friendly lady, too!  

6 comments:

  1. Love your designs! The blocks and fabrics and all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out Pam! It is so much fun to design with such great fabrics. You make my job an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those prints, so happy that you are designing in this style. Modern and brights don't really fit my aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've followed Lynn's blog for years and love her designs too! Your fabrics always look beautiful with your designs, and Lynn's designs work so well with your fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete