HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Tokens: Autumn Sampler SPECIAL OFFER!

I'm so jazzed to finally be able to share the new quilts I designed using my new On Maple Lake fabric collection!

I had a lot of fun designing the three quilts for the new Tokens of the Past: Autumn Sampler pattern.  I wanted them to say fall in every way.  They are all easy to piece, require no special rulers, and all of the blocks for all three quilts come from just one On Maple Lake 10x10 precut! 

The cover you see above is a draft, and the quilts are EQ images, as I just received my sample yardage late last week.  Debbie and I went right to our sewing machines to get started!  
 I dug right in to begin making half square triangles for the Colors of Autumn quilt.
  Here's how the first block looks.  I confess I was a bit rusty with my accurate 1/4 inch from not having sewn in so long.  (Darn those surgeries anyway...getting in the way of my fun!)  But, by block 2, I was doing much better, and with block 3, I had my piecing mojo back and humming.
Whew!
As a fabric designer, you do your best to create fabric patterns and colors that will be not only interesting but harmonious, and while they are pleasing to the eye as a collection, I wonder how they'll turn out when actually pieced into blocks?
It's wonderful to sigh relief and satisfaction when you're happy with how all the fabrics have blended to make a colorful feast for your eyes.  This happens to all of us as we inspect our units and blocks, check to see if all those points (or almost all!) are just right, and blocks are square and measure what they should.  Yes...I was a happy girl!

Can't wait to display this cutie on my kitchen table with some acorns, leaves and little pumpkins.  

To kick off my celebration of On Maple Lake, I'm offering a special PRE-ORDER promotion on the complete kit for the Tokens of the Past: Autumn Sampler trio!!!  

Order the Tokens of the Past: Autumn Sampler complete quilt kit before April 1st 
and receive the pattern FREE!!  

The pattern value is $14.50, so you'll be saving quite a bit!  

Click here to view the details and place your order.  Orders will ship in mid-April.  

Tokens of the Past: Autumn Sampler patterns will be available for individual sale later in March once the quilts have been photographed, and the cover is done.  

This is a sneak peek at what Debbie is working on.  The colors are not accurate as the lighting makes it have a golden overcast to it, but you get the idea.  

The large quilt is called Autumn on Maple Lake, and if I do say so myself (very humbly!) is just stunning in real life.  So...more about the large quilt in my next post.  

Have to admit that I'm anxiously waiting for spring and feel a little weird about talking and working with fall fabrics.  But...I'll be so happy come September when they're all ready to use and enjoy.....and you will, too!

Hope you find peace in stitching today.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous line, Pam!
    So happy to hear you have been able to play with fabric and sewing machine again. Wonderful results. Can't tell that you were rusty at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime beaucoup ces teintes, bravo et bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I am loving the rich jewel tones of this new line. It's great to see you having fun with your new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your line of fabrics which are beautiful. I love the backgrounds/tone on tones too. Your enthusiasm for stitching continues!

    ReplyDelete