HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A New Twist On Old Favorite

Several years ago, I was visiting with the staff of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine for an event.  Let me say, these are fun people to hang out with, and we always have a great time together.  For one of the lunches, they catered a variety of salads from a local restaurant.  (Let me tell you, Des Moines, IA has great restaurants!!)  Among the salad offerings was the salad below for which I honestly could not get enough!!  I made a note of what was in it, and once home, began to try to copy the recipe.  It's simple enough and I was successful on the second try.
I call it ......Summertime Caesar Salad

My family loves it!!  It's really a summery twist on a classic chicken Caesar salad as it has fresh strawberries, pasta and walnuts.  You may not think this is a great combo, but you'd be wrong!  If you like Caesar salad, you will LOVE THIS!

It's very easy to make and keeps in the fridge a couple of days.  Simple and refreshing.  

Click here for the Summertime Caesar Salad recipe.  

The recipe makes about 6 servings but you can easily make it larger or smaller depending on your wish.  

I hope you enjoy it!  I'm having some leftovers from last nights dinner tonight which means I can sew a little longer today.  My July projects are coming along nicely.  

Hope you are stitching a fun summertime project or two.

Be well....


9 comments:

  1. Thanks, Pam. This sounds and looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture looks good, but for some reason my computer shows the recipe as black lines on the page. Maybe it is time for an upgrade here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipe sounds absolutely delightful! I'll be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love caesar salad and this recipe looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks,Pam. It looks yummy. I love copycat recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! That looks delish and not too hard to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberries?!? I will give it a try tho! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete