HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Everyone's A Ripper

In just a few days, my hubby and I will set sail with about 100 soon to be quilting friends on a quilting cruise to the Western Caribbean!  I am beyond excited to escape this dreadful winter weather we're still having here in suburban Chicago, not to mention spending our days at sea with quilters, and fellow teachers Julie Hendricksen of JJ Stitches and Carol Hopkins of Carol Hopkins Designs!!  I'm so jazzed about the fun week ahead.

If this sounds like fun to you, too, please join us next year as we will again set sail for a Civil War cruise to new and exciting destinations!  Joining me next year are fellow Marcus Fabrics designer and friend, Paula Barnes of Red Crinoline Quilts, and Connie Tesene of Country Threads!!!  What a terrific line-up!!  

We will sail the Western Caribbean starting from Galveston, TX, then onto Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica!  Three awesome quilt projects for you to create while at sea.  

Click here for all the 2019 Civil War cruise details from Stitchin' Heaven Quilt Shop and Travel.
In between ordinary business, putting the finishing touches on my 2019 BOM and final Vintage Patchwork book edits, I've been working with my friend and co-worker Debbie to piece my Primitive Threads quilt.   I'm presently working on the Flying Geese border and was merrily sewing them together.  I always measure my units and to my horror, discovered none of them measured what they should!  UGH!!!  No, no, no, no, no!  What is wrong??  

I determined it was the rulers fault (liar liar pants on fire) and not the maker, that all the gorgeous taupe squares were cut 1/8 inch too small.  Uh huh.  Needless to say, I spent an evening with my seam ripper and a glass of Pino Noir.
After having a talk with my ruler to set it straight, new taupe squares were cut and piecing the Flying Geese has resumed with a much better end result.  All quilters...all of us....spend time ripping.  It's part of the experience, albeit one we'd rather not have.
If you've been thinking about making my Primitive Threads quilt for yourself, you still have until tomorrow morning to PRE-ORDER the quilt kit and get the pattern free and reduced shipping.

Click here to view Primitive Threads quilt kit details.

Orders will be shipped when the fabric comes in, now scheduled for late May or early June.  That is the same schedule when you can look for it at your local quilt shop....and please do look for it there!!  

As soon as I can post photos of the quilt I will.  We have to have it done before I leave for the cruise so we can pass it along to Val to be quilted.  So...that means I better get back to my sewing machine.  

Hope you are able to spend some time with your sewing machine and NOT your seam ripper! 



5 comments:

  1. Just got my first set of Pieceful Pines BOM. Can't wait to open it and get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a very fun time Cruising! Looks like wonderful company.
    Primitive Threads is SO striking! The colors are set off beautifully by the black and taupe.
    Finally got to Village Dry Goods yesterday. Fran sends her love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy sailing to you and hubby Pam. I'm sure you will both have a great time. Hopefully there will be no ripping while sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't think of a better way to spend a cruise holiday than with Julie Hendricksen and Carol Hopkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much extra fabric do I need to make Primative Threads into Cal-King size?

    ReplyDelete