HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, July 13, 2018

I Miss My Sewing Machine!!

My recovery from knee replacement surgery is coming along as expected.  Some bad days, some good days.  It's getting a little easier each day.  

So many of you have sent Get Well emails, messages through Facebook and cards in the mail, and I can't tell you how much it has all meant to me.

Thank you!!  

A week before my surgery, our daughter Nicki took a fall and broke her foot.  She's been in a boot and using crutches while attending nursing school and trying to work.  We are quite the sight, her and I.

Since I'm somewhat out of commission in the kitchen, and Nicki is on crutches, in an attempt to make meals easier on my hubby, I bought an Instant Pot before my surgery so we he could try to make one-pot meals quickly.  Naturally, Pinterest in full of recipes and we've tried a few that were pretty good.  

I'm wondering if you have an Instant Pot, and can tell me what you like to do with it, and perhaps what you favorite meals are?  I've never cooked with a pressure cooker before.  I know for many of you, a pressure cooker has been a life-long kitchen staple.
Jill Berger made my Old Mill Pond quilt and changed the colors up a whole lot, and I love it!
She chose reds and black and I think it looks just stunning!   Thanks, Jill, for sharing the photos of your very pretty quilt!
Here's is my original quilt made in greens and blues.  Click here for the Old Mill Pond pattern.
Mary Kate Donais of Manchester, NH sent me the photo of her blue and tan version of my Prairie Gathering quilt.  She made it for her son's 17th birthday.  LOVE IT!!  I think this quilt would be lovely no matter what two colors you chose.  Thanks Mary Kate for taking the time to send the photo,  I always love seeing what quilters do with the patterns I design.

Click here for the Prairie Gathering pattern.  

In anticipation of many hours of sitting with my leg elevated and ice on my knee, I did prepare a bunch of hand sewing to keep me busy.  I do love it, but I have to say that I really miss sewing on my machine!!  I have no less than seven new quilts to make for fall market, which will be here before you know it.  I am very anxious to get back to work!!  

I am going to try sewing a little bit over the weekend.  My new BOM is in production here and I must keep up with my super-secret-scrappy-project.  It's almost time to begin assembly of that quilt, too.  

The lazy days of summer are coming and all I want is to be back to normal and be busy not lazy!  All in good time....I tell myself.  But I'm not big on patience when I am bored!  

I hope you're enjoying your summer.  Be well and happy stitching!

11 comments:

  1. Patience is not one of your virtues, now is it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heal well! My aunt and gma made beans in the instapot- after 2 days of cooking in the thing the beans were still like pebbles so decided to try something easier than beans and did a pot roast. It was tough as nails. They were wondering if it was operator error or the pot. We all had a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these utensils and I too had never used a pressure cooker. I love it! One site that works well for us is the Pressure Cooking Today site. They have also published a cookbook, which I bought and use all the time. Good luck with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Pam. I have that pressure cooker and have made numerous recipes. Hard boiled eggs in 6 minutes, to whole chickens that come out tasting just like rotisserie chicken, pot roast, acorn squash. Some recipes came out of my "The Intant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook, Great Food Fast, and Pinterest. I think it's awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't known if here is the right forum to say this I am very glad for what Prophet Ogbeifun did for me i meant dr ogbeifun through a friend he helped win a court case of divorce few months ago and when i contacted him he help me to cast a death spell on my mother inlaw who was really troubling my life and future, she never wanted my progress, each time I get a job from a company, I get drove back because of the witch craft mother inlaw I have, I never knew my mother inlaw was the one troubling me, until one day I contacted Dr Ogbeifun for help and he told me Justine my mother inlaw is the one troubling me and he help me to cast unto her a death spell. I am happy because the evil doer is dead and ever since then my life have turn around for good things now work fine for me and am now a happy living beautiful with my family, thanks to Dr Ogbeifun. i recommend you to dr Ogbeifun if you have any kind of problem he will help you restore your marriage life back again. contact him call/whatsapp him via +2348102574680

      Delete
  5. Great to hear that you're healing, Pam. I hope to get to the kits that you put together for me soon. I had way better intention to get at them way sooner that this. I SOOO want to see your scrappy project.
    I don't have an instant pot, but do you remember that chicken tortilla soup recipe that I had sent you? I also gave it to my neighbour and she makes that in hers. Soup in July??? Maybe not! LOL
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you are on the mend, but so sorry to hear of your daughter's injury. I'm sure it doesn't make attending school too easy! I have had an Instant Pot for almost 2 years. I always use it for cooking rice--not especially faster, but you will know it turns out perfect without having to keep an eye on it. I also use the slow cooker mode quite a bit ( I bought the clear lid, but it's not necessary). I think our most frequent meal is spaghetti with meat sauce. It's so easy to brown the meat on the saute setting, add broken up spaghetti, a jar of sauce and a jar of water--set it and forget it. No more boiling pot of water to cook the pasta or another pan to brown the meat--super convenient! There are FB groups that share tips and recipes--this is one I use frequently:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1213221555427266/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--that was a bad stroke of luck to have your daughter break her foot. So sorry about that.
    It is hard to be patient when recovering.
    That is a gorgeous version of Old Mill Pond! Red and black are so striking together.
    I have an instant pot, but haven't really used it for "recipes". Mostly I use it to cook beans, and rice, or meats. It works fine for me on the beans, but at our elevation it takes about twice as long as the recipe says. That is still quick compared to not pressure cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAN! Hope both of you are 'on your feet' soon! Sounds awful for you both. I have an IP and since it's just me, I make cold start yogurt (yummy!) and french onion soup. Lots of raves from others on crack chicken (I haven't made it) and other stuff. Judy at patchworktimes.com uses her IPs quite often & she also loves that pressure cooking today site. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't known if here is the right forum to say this I am very glad for what Prophet Ogbeifun did for me i meant dr ogbeifun through a friend he helped win a court case of divorce few months ago and when i contacted him he help me to cast a death spell on my mother inlaw who was really troubling my life and future, she never wanted my progress, each time I get a job from a company, I get drove back because of the witch craft mother inlaw I have, I never knew my mother inlaw was the one troubling me, until one day I contacted Dr Ogbeifun for help and he told me Justine my mother inlaw is the one troubling me and he help me to cast unto her a death spell. I am happy because the evil doer is dead and ever since then my life have turn around for good things now work fine for me and am now a happy living beautiful with my family, thanks to Dr Ogbeifun. i recommend you to dr Ogbeifun if you have any kind of problem he will help you restore your marriage life back again. contact him call/whatsapp him via +2348102574680

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony..I visited a forum here on the Internet on the 23th of April 2018 , And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called Dr Oseiboh on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learn anything about spell nor magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about black magical spells, not until Dr Oseiboh did it for me and restored my marriage of 6 years back to me and brought my spouse back to me just as i read on the Internet..i was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you Dr Oseiboh you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again thanks for your good work and for restoring happiness to my home..LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,ANY FOUNDATION COURSES,REVENGE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droseiboh12@gmail. com https://droseiboh12.wixsite. com/spell add him on whatsapp line or call +2347017565415..

    ReplyDelete