HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Mrs. Miller's Apprentice Progress

Blocks, blocks and more blocks!  Yay!  My Mrs. Miller's Apprentice quilt top is pieced and on the way to Val for quilting.  I'm elated over how it turned out.  Before sewing the top together, I took a few photos of the sampler blocks.  I think this is the best way to see fabrics, don't you?
Yup....Fabrics are luscious on the bolt,  but seeing them pieced in blocks gives a whole different perspective...to see how they play together.   Do you love playing with fabric and putting fun combinations together?  That's one of my favorite parts of piecing. 
If you're considering making Mrs. Miller's Apprentice, you should know that the blocks are constructed with simple, common piecing units.  
I so enjoy sampler blocks.  It's an adventure with each new block.  
Now that the top is done and off to be quilted, all the technical writing is taking place.  I like piecing blocks a whole lot more than writing, but it's part of the job. 

I'm writing the instructions and figuring out what graphics will be needed.  Then I'll have some fun doing something new....writing the fictional diary that will tell the story each month of Mrs. Miller and her apprentice.  

Once all of that is done, the patterns will go to a proofreading editor.  The quilt will be bound and professionally photographed.  And, finally....printing and distribution.  It takes one year to produce a block of the month and I really do love it!  

Yesterday marked 6 weeks post op from my knee replacement surgery.  Joy!!  It's healing very well and I'm doing great with PT.  So, so happy it's over.  

I'm still sewing and working on my super secret scrappy project.  I will begin assembly very soon.  Oh...I am so jazzed about this quilt. 

Next week, I'll be traveling to the Kansas City area.  I'll be teaching at Stitching With The Stars in Lee's Summit, MO.   This awesome venue is hosted by Quilter's Station which is also one of THE BEST quilt shops in the US!!  Can't wait...good times are coming and truth be told....I will be happy to get out of the house for awhile.  Oh...and I can't forget about the awesome BBQ!!!

Hope you're enjoying your summer.  As soon as the humidity calms down, I'll go sit on the deck and stitch a bit.  Be well...




16 comments:

  1. Yes, I love seeing these luscious blue fabrics in actual blocks. Just beautiful!
    I am very anxious to see your super secret project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your perfect points, Pam! Wow!! And the blue fabric that is underneath your blocks is absolutely luscious. I agree about seeing fabrics in a block. Especially for those of us who have to rely on online shopping. It seems to show the true colour and tone as compared to seeing a small square photo on a computer screen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, your new fabric line is so yummy!!! I love making sampler blocks and then having a little play before piecing them into a quilt. Your blocks are so lovely, it's going to be a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks are beautiful,Pam! I love these blue fabrics and prints...is this your new line of fabric? I look forward to this quilt pattern being available and ready for purchase! Sounds like your surgery was a great success and that your already getting out and about and ready to travel. Good for you! I know some people have taken a lot longer to recover from that type of surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Wow! Pam, they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Wow! Pam, they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These blocks (and fabrics!) are stunning! I look forward to making this one myself. Have fun in MO and take some time to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blues in your sampler blocks are gorgeous. And I can't wait for your book. There's going to be lots of fabulous quilting going on this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing sneak peaks of your awesome blocks. The fabric that they are laying on is to die for!! Have fun in MO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your blue and white blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt blocks, I really like seeing the fabric this way and can't wait to do this BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that color! This will be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ĺove that flag profile image at the beginning of your post, and the depth of the blues in your your fabrics. They look so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. luscious blocks indeed....and congrats on your progress...modern medicine is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm lost for words on how beautiful this quilt is. I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete