HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, September 17, 2018

Mrs. Miller's Apprentice - All Quilted!

I'm back home from a wonderful trip to Nashville.  I just loved Nashville!!!  What a fun town.  The weather was very hot and humid, much the same as it was at home in Chicago....so you go with the flow.  The food was yummy, the town was fun and the people are so friendly.  That's southern hospitality for you!  I will definitely go back again someday.  

My thanks for the ladies of Music City Quilters and Lakeshore Quilters for a lovely time.  I so enjoyed meeting everyone!
Mrs. Miller's Apprentice.  2019 Block of the Month by Pam Buda and Marcus Fabrics
My Mrs. Miller's Apprentice quilt returned home from her trip to Las Vegas where she was quilted by Val Krueger.  Val does not disappoint and did Mrs. Miller proud.  Before I send her off to be photographed, I thought I'd take some photos of Val's beautiful work. 
I took these photos in natural daylight inside the house to show off the quilting.  This, of course, does not show the true colors of the fabrics.  
I love crosshatching and Val put a lot of it in the quilt.  I'm so happy!
This photo shows the fabric colors a but better.  I very humbly say that I adore each fabric in this collection!  So jazzed with how the quilt turned out and the quilting just put it over the top!
Mrs. Miller's Apprentice is my new Block of the Month for 2019.  Quilt shops are signing up now to offer the program which begins in January.  So....ask for Mrs. Miller's Apprentice at your local quilt shop!  Fabrics will ship in December. It is so very important to support our LQS!!!  Too many of them are closing.  It's terrible.  

Besides binding Mrs. M., I have been putting the finishing touches on the Mrs. M patterns, and writing the diary stories that will accompany the monthly instructions.  It's been fun!  

I've also begun constructing the quilt that is my super-secret-scrappy-project for the last year!  I will finally....(finally!) be able to reveal all sometime next month.  There's a whole lot of preparation going on here and at Marcus for the big announcement.  I can barely contain myself!  

I can't believe the summer has whizzed by, although I do welcome the cooler days of autumn.  I'm also getting ready for my new Vintage Patchwork book to be delivered next month!  Yikes...there's so much fun stuff going on.  

I hope you have some time to enjoy these last days of summer.  Be well.....


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is one absolutely beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is simply gorgeous! Glad you had a good time in Nashville. Hope the knees are treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first place, I love blue/cream quilts. In the second place, the quilt design is beautiful, and in the third place, Val's quilting makes it shine. The curved cross-hatching and feathers in the HSTs create wonderful movement.
    Next month sounds like a really big month for you. I'm excited about all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous - love the border treatment! And you're right, the quilting show it all off to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is absolutely beautiful and the quilting couldn’t be any more perfect. What a lovely quit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What they all said above! Beautiful quilt, beautiful quilting! Excitement for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. M is just gorgeous! Will the pattern be available without buying the fabric? You've got me so excited for your scrappy project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it`s absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Mrs. Miller all done up in blues and creams. She's truly wonderful and yes, the quilting is fabulous. If I'm not able to get the BOM thru my LQS, will we be able to purchase the pattern from you or will you be able to provide a list of places we can find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete