HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Winners, New Patterns and the SAL

It is wonderful to read your comments!  I really feel a connection with you all when you comment and share your thoughts.  Thank you for taking the time to do so.  

It seems that you were almost 50/50 on having the SAL instructions come four consecutive days, or four consecutive weeks.  But...four consecutive weeks seems to be the what the majority of you asked for.  So...that's what I'll do.  More about the SAL in a moment.

My son chose four random comments for me choosing the recipients of the red stripe fat quarters.  They are......


Jan who said....

What a darling quilt. Thank you for a sew along during this time to keep us busy & use up our stash. Which ever plan works for you is good as we’re home for awhile. When we are released back to shop the quilt stores better be ready for all who want to touch, see color & what’s new plus refill supplies. Ordering online just isn’t the same.

Deborah who said....

Once a week for your new sew along. Can’t wait I love everyone you’ve done.
Hi from Fredericksburg, TX

Patti who said....

I really like the quilt you made from your leftover fabric. And how generous to hold a sew along. I would probably prefer the steps on a weekly basis, but I can also adapt to either. Thanks for your generosity.

Sue SA who said.....

Four parts over four weeks please! I know we are in self isolation madly sewing, but it gives me something to look forward too...and remember which day of the week it is!

Please email you mailing address to Pam@HeartspunQuilts.com  

I will try to begin the sew along as soon as possible.  I'm a little behind here because Covid is keeping my friendly helpers at home.  So, I'm trying to do myself what two people do for me, along with my usual work.  But, I'm highly motivated to get this going because it's a quilt I've wanted to make for awhile.  You are all great motivation to get going!
In the meantime, I've added several new items to my website.
Freedom Trail is one of two new patterns made with my new Bess' Flower Garden fabric collection.  I love this patriotic quilt and I'll display and use it from May through August.   A terrific summer quilt....or make it for your favorite hero!!  

I will have a limited number of Freedom Trail kits....coming very soon.  Possibly next week.

If you'd like to order the Freedom Trail pattern, you can do so here.

Wash Day is the second quilt designed with fabric from Bess' Flower Garden.  Oh, how I love me a red and light quilt!!  I set the quilt blocks with alternate hour glass blocks in deep, dark red which make a secondary pattern of stars.....love that!  I will use this quilt at Christmas time and through out the summer months.  


And if you'd prefer to make Wash Day in blues....or another two color combo....
it would look just lovely no matter what colors you choose!  

I will also have a limited number of Wash
Day kits in the red version....coming as soon as I can finish cutting them.  

I miss my crew that works with me!!  

If you'd like to order the Wash Day 
pattern, you can do so here.

Well...best get back to work.  I wanna get started on the SAL quilt!

In the meantime....prayers for your safety, that we all stay healthy.  Wishing happy stitches.....Be well.

2 comments:

  1. Such enthusiasm! I love your posts and have made several of your quilts and have all of 24 blocks done to Circa 1800. It is a journey. Today I sat in bright sunlight on the floor to pull all my chosen fabrics out of the cupboard to cut strips from for the quilt. Day by day....Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looking forward to the sew along!! I'm working on several projects, but the anticipation of putting together a quilt with my Civil War fabrics, especially your red and cream fabrics, is exciting and uplifting for my spirit!

    ReplyDelete