HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Antebellum ~ Quilt Archaeology Reveal!

Finally!  Today is the day I can reveal my new Quilt Archaeology sew long project called Antebellum!

This will be a long post, so plop in a comfy chair and grab your favorite drink (Iced tea for me!) and read on....
Here's the old quilt we will replicate.  It may be a block in a larger quilt, but I think it makes a pretty great small quilt.  
As a country, we're all coping with this quarantine together, and being it's Memorial Day weekend, the summer is around the corner, and so is July 4th, I thought an Americana theme was appropriate for our little quilt.  #USAStrong

I named this project Antebellum, which means 'before the war', most often referring to the period of peace before the Civil War.
Not many projects qualify for this time period, but I know that the original antique fabric I used to design these fabrics are all of the Antebellum period, so I felt it was justified.  Can't you just see the ladies in their fine hoop dresses?!
I hope you love this little quilt as much as I do, and I have a way you can get a kit with exactly the same fabrics absolutely FREE!

Beginning right now and through Monday, May 25th,  place an order of $35 or more (shipping not included) on my website for anything you'd like, and you will receive a kit for Antebellum free, free, free!!   You'll also receive advanced cutting instructions.  I'll get back to my free offer in a moment.  

If you'd like to make the quilt from your own fabrics, here are the fabric requirements:


Light Fabric:  1/3 yard for background

Blue Fabric:  7" x WOF for blocks
Red #1:  5" x WOF for blocks
Red #2:  8" x WOF for borders & binding

I highly recommend preparing your fabric with spray starch or sizing as this helps immensely with cutting, piecing and pressing.  The half square triangles will be made larger and trimmed to size.  I used a Bloc-Loc ruler which you can find here.  

I'll post our first block instructions Friday, May 29th right here on my blog.  No need to sign up for anything....just visit the blog every Friday.  (The easiest way to receive the instructions is via email and you can read how to do that here.)  The last post will be June 19th so you'll have plenty of time to sew the blocks together, and have it ready for summer, and July 4th.  I'll post more about quilt finishing that week as well.  

Time to go shopping!  Here's what's new....
In the mood for Americana quilts?  I have quilt kits and patterns for my new Freedom Trail quilt.
Another great summer quilt is Wash Day.  Quilt kits and patterns are also available for this quilt.

There's a whole new crop of color bank bundles in a wide variety of colors.  Loads of light and shirting bundles, too!
Check out six different options for Circa 1880 Nine Patch...
...and don't forget I have a new book, Vintage Treasures.

It won't be hard to qualify for your free Antebellum kit!  Just spend $35 (shipping not included) on my website and I'll automatically pack your Antebellum kit in with your order!  

I will have your orders processed and packed up to ship to you next week as quickly as possible.  I am so excited to begin this next Quilt Archaeology sew-along on May 29th!  I hope you are as well.


I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting my little business making it possible for me to offer fun things like this.  I know you have many choices for quilting goodies, and I appreciate each and every order I receive, as well as the fabrics you buy at your local quilt shop.


So...let's get ready to have some fun!   Click here to go shopping.



I encourage you to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for behind-the-scenes posts that don't appear here on the blog.  

Be well, my friends....keep on stitching!




5 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet little summer quilt, Pam! I love all things patriotic.
    I also really like the effect of the negative/positive blocks in Wash Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I went to your website and could not find the Antebellum fabric kit. Also I don't know what WOF means? I would like to participate. Will you be giving us the pattern as we go along? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOF means "width of fabric". Quilters use a lot of shorthand. :) It means a strip of fabric cut across from selvage to selvage. I think the kit is only available if you purchase $35.00 of other items from her site. She will include it with your order. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. So, wonder what alternate color scheme I will come up with for this one! LOL. I am tempted to do Red, Cream, and Blue since I love that look, but maybe a different shade of blue with complementary colors? Off to see what I can put together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to choose from here!! Love everything, Love your new Antebellum quilt. I need more time to keep up with you!!!

    ReplyDelete