HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Wash Day

One of the things I really like in a quilt is a positive/negative block.  That means, using the same block but swapping the fabrics in the background and the block design.  Some blocks work well for this while others don't.  I really liked the effect with the block in my Wash Day quilt.

It's a simple block to piece....and set alternately with an Quarter Square/Hour Glass block, the positive/negative really stands out!  And....you get the big stars in the secondary pattern.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  Not to mention how I love that paisley border print!!  

The fabrics in Bess' Flower Garden really gives a pretty range of reds....
...and a lovely variety of light prints, too.

Oh, how I love me a red and light quilt!  
Truth is...you can swap colors and make Wash Day in blues and lights just as easily!

Support your local quilt shop and buy some Bess' Flower Garden for your stash.  They could really use a mail or curb side order from you right about now.  

If they don't have it, (I always want you to buy from your LQS first!!) you can order it on my website.

I have full Wash Day kits here.

Bess' Flower Garden Fat Quarter bundles here.

Bess' Flower Garden yardage here.
Don't forget to come back Friday for the 4th block and BIG reveal of our scrappy little runner sew along, Safe Keeping!  Ooohhh...I can't wait!

In the meantime, I hope you're well, finding good things to do to pass the time, and keeping your needle and sewing machines happy!  

Above all...be well!

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is defiantly a winner Pam. I love two color quilts, and this one is so pretty made with those beautiful fabrics. And who doesn't like a paisley!! That border is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely quilt--I do like the positive/negative effect, too. I would definitely choose the blue version. I love blue/cream quilts!!

    ReplyDelete