HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, February 18, 2022

From the Heart ~ Part Three AND Pre-Order Old Blue Calicos!

 

It's easy street from here now what all of our Old Maid's Puzzle blocks are complete.  Time to assemble the quilt.  Sew the center together diagonally, then add the border.  Done!  I am presently hand quilting a valentine project for my daughter.  It's ok that it wasn't complete by the 14th.  She will display it for part of this month, and have it next year and forevermore.  

I sincerely hope you have enjoyed making the From the Heart quilt.  We can look forward to more Quilt Archaeology quilts to 'dig up' and replicate later this year.

Guess what's coming in March?  Oohhh....my new blue collection.  I love me some blue fabrics!


I had loads of fun designing quilts with this collection.  What's not to love about a blue and light quilt, right?  

Charleston Landing by Pam Buda ~ Heartspun Quilts
The first quilt is called Charleston Landing.  (The image above is an EQ image as the quilt is in production right now.) It features all of the prints in the Old Blue Calico collection.  The Bird of Paradise block is what I chose for this quilt and I love the two secondary designs that appear between the blocks!  



The Bird of Paradise block is made of Four Patches and a unit often called Peaky & Spike.  The Peaky and Spike unit would make experienced quilters worry because of the sharp points.....but no longer!

Deb Tucker created her V Block ruler so that you can easily piece them and trim to perfection.  Oh, I am all over that!



  


Take a look at how the Peaky and Spike unit looks.  You can see along the edge of the ruler how the unit will be trimmed.  Easy, peasy!








In the photo above, you will see the floral border fabric on top.  The soft blue floral is the setting fabric, and the stack of folded fabrics are the sashing, cornerpost and inside border prints. 

You can pre-order the Charleston Landing quilt kit with optional backing right now.  Read all the quilt details and place order here.  The pattern is FREE with your pre-order!

Nines in the Middle by Pam Buda~Heartspun Quilts

Oh, how I love a Log Cabin quilt!  I wanted something just a little different so I placed a Nine Patch in the center of the cabin block.  This quilt uses all of the prints in the Old Blue Calicos collection, and is surrounded by a very pretty light floral print, then trimmed with Flying Geese units.  (The image above is an EQ image as the quilt is in production right now.)

The photo above shows the pretty floral background fabric.  The stack of blues and medium print are the fabrics used in the Nine Patch blocks. Scroll up to see the entire fabric collection or click here.
Here's one of the Log Cabin blocks I made so you can see it up close.  Darn my camera...the light prints look very yellow in this picture.  Their true color shows in the photo above.  I wanted you to see the Nine Patch and three rounds of Log Cabin strips to get a better idea.  Hope this helps.

You can pre-order the Nines in the Middle quilt kit with optional backing right now.  Read all the quilt details and place your order here.  The pattern is FREE with your pre-order!

You can also pre-order a Fat Quarter Bundle of Old Blue Calicos and get it as soon as the fabric arrives!  Place your order here.  

Please place your pre-orders by Sunday, February 27th.  Kits will not be available later.

As always, please know how much I appreciate each and every order.  Without you, I couldn't keep my little business going.  Thank you, thank you!!  I know you have many choices in quilting goodies and I am grateful for your orders!

Keep your needle busy and your heart content.  Be well......






3 comments:

  1. My pinks just arrived yesterday and they are heavenly! I was going to split them with Cyndi, but I just too selfish so I will cut 5" squares for her instead. She will be thrilled anyway. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the heart looks really sweet. I am not on top of things here, and I just barely sewed borders on "Glad Tidings" yesterday.
    Visited Fran at VDG yesterday and picked up some of your pink line. Oh, they are gorgeous! But look at these blues. Wow--love them!

    ReplyDelete