HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Pre-Order Strawberry Emery Quilt & Bundles!!

 

Emery quilt by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts
It seems like I've been waiting forever for this fabric to arrive, but it's almost here and I am beyond jazzed!!!  Introducing my new quilt Emery, made from my new Strawberry Emery fabric collection.  

Do you wonder what a strawberry emery is?  Well....it's the little strawberry that usually hangs from a tomato pin cushion.  The emery is there to sharpen needles.  

I collect strawberry emeries from the nineteenth century.  They were a prized sewing notion, made separately from the tomato, often made with silk and velvet, and sometimes adorned with silver tops.  They are tiny, with the largest one in the photo only 1 1/2 inches.  They are stuffed very hard with emery (the grit you find on nail files,) and I can't imagine how they sewed these tiny strawberries together with the emery so packed in there.  I just love them!

The quilt was just finished and is off to be quilted.  I can't wait to get it back.  I was able to video the quilt top in full sunlight, but it seems to have washed out the fabrics from what they really are.  Look at the photos below which I took in the house out of the direct sun.  Those are the real colors.


 Emery measures 63 x 73.  You can pre-order my Emery quilt kit with optional backing at a special price with the pre-order.  

Click here to pre-order the Emery quilt kit.
The Strawberry Emery collection has seven lush reds....
...five yummy neutrals....
...
 and eight stunning black prints.  

You can pre-order a Fat Quarter, Half Yard or One Yard bundle by clicking here.

You have until the end of the day, January 17th to pre-order your quilt kit and/or bundle.  

Strawberry Emery is scheduled to arrive mid-February, so as soon as I can cut and fold the kits and bundles, I'll have your order to you!!  I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE STUDIO.....

My Piecemakers Sampler fabric is starting to arrive.  I received my first order, and am waiting on my second order due to arrive this week.  We are working hard on cutting and folding to get those pre-orders out as soon as possible.

We're also stuffing a ton of Piecemakers Sampler patterns which are due to ship to participating quilt shops next week.  The BOM program begins in February.  Yup....we're busy!

I'm also working on future fabric collections with a lot of new stuff in the works.  Always very excited about that.  

I hope you enjoyed your holidays.  We've begun a New Year, so let's keep our needles busy and our hearts content.  Be well.......



No comments:

Post a Comment