HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Cook of the Family

I like to eat.  I like to cook.  I like to eat more than I like to cook!  I love to sew.  I love to sew more than I like to cook.  How about you? 

I am the main cook for my family.  My husband Ed has been cooking a lot more, and doing a great job, (he makes the best Double Baked Potatoes ever!) but mainly, the cooking is up to me.  Over the years, I find I want to eat a home cooked meal, but don't want to always be the one to cook it.  Nothing uncommon about that.  When Ed's schedule doesn't allow him to cook, and either my schedule is busy, or more to the point, I'd rather be sewing, I turn to my favorite kitchen appliance, the slow cooker! 

I am on a mission to collect as many yummy slow cooker recipes as I can, so, I am asking you, dear reader, to send me your favorite recipes!  In exchange, I will post my favorites.  I'll also do my best to share your recipes with everyone, too!  Please email your slow cooker recipe to pam@heartspunquilts.com

To start things off, here is a new slow cooker recipe we recently tried and thought it wonderful!

STEAK & CREAMY MUSHROOMS
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 cup onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups fresh button mushrooms, quartered
2 lbs. round steak, cubed
1 cup sour cream
cooked noodles
crispy bacon bits, optional

Combine soups, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, paprika, onion, garlic & mushrooms in slow cooker.  Add steak.  Cover; cook on Low 8-9 hours.  Stir in sour cream the last 20-30 minutes.  Serve over hot buttered noodles; garnish with bacon.

What's nice about this recipe is that you don't have to cook anything before it goes into the slow cooker!  I love that...even easier!  Serve with a nice side salad.....dinner!  Those crock pot liners make life and clean-up a snap, too!  Gotta love a good slow cooker recipe!  Look for more recipes in future posts.  More time to sew!  Yea!

Tomorrow morning, my girlfriends and I will be traveling to Columbus, OH, to attend the Country Living Fair!  We are so excited.  I have wanted to do this for years, and this will be my first time.  I'll be sure to take some pictures to share with you next week.  Until then, happy sewing and good eats!

4 comments:

  1. Funny, that is so similar to my favorite crockpot recipe. I think I'll make it tonight. Have fun at the Country Living Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish. Yes I like to sew more than I like to cook. My DH is great at the bbq and loves doing that. I don't mind cooking but it certainly isn't my favorite thing to do. I love my slow cooker during the winter and will post recipes on my blog periodically. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,

    How timely!! Hubby and I have been searching for more crockpot recipes, too! We both love this dish done on top of the stove, so in the no fuss, no muss crockpot is even better! YAY! Gold Star for you. Thanks so much. Now, what did I do with my fav crockpot recipe? Hmm...

    Happy cookin',

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with the slow cooker but that recipe sounds great...you just leave it for a few hours and then it's done? That could give me more time to sew too...I want one :0))

    ReplyDelete