HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, March 17, 2011

End of Winter Road Trip!!

The touch of spring we are enjoying makes me want to be out of the house, and luckily for me, I have a trip planned.  Tomorrow morning, my daughter Nicki and I will be headed to the Des Moines, Iowa area to give a lecture and workshop, do some shop hopping, meet with Prairie Women, and have some fun! 

While Friday will be a travel day, I do plan on stopping at The Woolen Needle in Williamsburg, IA....a shop that was featured in the last Quilt Sampler issue and one I really want to see.  It's my kind of shop and has not only lovely cottons but wool, too!

Saturday will bring me to two special quilt shops where I will not only get to shop, but also get to spend time with the ladies who belong to the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle clubs.  In the morning, I will visit The Quilting Connection in Ames, IA, and in the afternoon, I'll be at Adel Quilting & Dry Goods shop in Adel.  I am soooo looking forward to meeting everyone!

The ladies from the Eastern Polk Quilter's Guild invited me to give a workshop on Sunday, and a lecture on Monday evening....so, if you're in the area, please join us!  I promise that I will take pictures and post blog reports about the goodies I find along the way!  I'm also gonna try to post frequently about my trip on Facebook.  I'm not too good with Facebook just yet, but Nicki has a masters degree for Facebook, so she can assist her poor, clueless mom!  Stay tuned and enjoy your springy weekend!  Pam

4 comments:

  1. Have fun Pam! The Woolen Needle is awesome - you will love it - don't forget your credit card!! You will have to report back on the other shops you visit. There are a few others in the area that are nice - you should be able to entertain yourself all the way to Des Moines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! I wish I could come. It sounds like my kind of trip!! Have fun and be safe. Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have such a great time. I visited all those shops last summer and thought I had died and gone to heaven! There's a great shop in Ankeny too....between Ames and Des Moines....if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete