HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Girl Has Needs After All!!

Thursday morning, I packed the car to head up to Rockford, IL, to teach at The Quilter's General Store's annual Farm Fest sewing retreat. As all quilters know....if you have to travel two blocks away from your home, that means you are able to shop hop! We need to see and touch fabric, after all!!

I have been wanting to visit the Pieceful Gatherings quilt shop (Fox River Grove, IL) for a long time, and planned a different route to QGS this year just so I could stop there. Boy, was I happy I did!!



I was greeted at the door by shop owner, Carrie Quinn. Not only does Carrie own the shop, but she's also designed several fabric lines for Blue Hill. Carrie's latest collection, Carrie's Madders, just arrived at the shop!! I got to take a peek and purchase some of these delicious prints!! Enjoy the following photos of the Pieceful Gatherings Quilt Shop. (www.piecefulgathering.com) If you see anything you like, you know what to do!!

Farm Fest and Quilter's General Store photos will be in my next post!
Pam
















- Posted using BlogPress from my
iPad

2 comments:

  1. I understand your needs... ;) I just did the same, visiting a shop far away from home, touch the fabrics and buy some! Thanks for the intersting pictures, I like some of the quilts and had to study them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and pictures. I really enjoy your bog and website. Your talents abound!

    I sent my sister, Kathy Flowers, a link to your website and blog;shortly after she sent me a picture of you, Carrie and she at Carrie's shop! Kathy is a new quilt pattern designer. She has a pattern featured in Quick Quilts, June/July issue. She was thrilled to meet you!

    ReplyDelete