HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, September 7, 2012

Forget Me Not Sewalong ~ Parts Nine & Ten

Well....we're just cruising thru the sampler of blocks, aren't we?  Hope you're having fun with them so far!!

Did you cast your vote on my last blog poll?  I asked you to tell me....what is the smallest finished size Nine Patch block are you were willing to make?  I found it very interesting that the majority of you (47%) said you would make a 1 1/2" finished block, with a 3" finished coming in second place (28%).
Hhmmm....I'll be keeping that in mind for future projects!  My thanks to all who participated in my poll!!  It's fun!

I've been busy traveling a bit, giving lectures and workshops, which allow me to meet some really great quilters....I love that!!  I also met with a bunch of my own Prairie Women Wednesday evening for a pillowcase sew-in at my favorite local quilt shop, The Quilt Merchant, where we teamed up, and made several dozen pillowcases for our local charity.  Do visit my blog again on September 13th when it's my turn to post as part of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine's blog hop all this month, all about making pillowcases for charity.  Perhaps you can take a short break from stitching your next two Forget Me Not blocks and click over to many of the other participating designers for AP&Q's blog hop.  Simply scroll down to my last post to see the list and click on the links!!

Here's your cutting and sewing instructions for Part Nine:

Light Print #1 ~ opposing corners of the block
*Cut (2) 2" squares

Light Print #2
*Cut (3) 2 3/8" squares for HST.

Blue Print
*Cut (2) 2 3/8" squares for HST.

Pink Print
*Cut (1) 2 3/8" square for HST.
*Cut (1) 2" square.

Directions:
*Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the (3) 2 3/8" Light Print #2 squares.  Match with the (2) blue print and (1) pink print 2 3/8" squares to make HST.  Make (4) blue and (2) pink HST that should measure 2" unfinished.




*Arrange the units for the block as shown. 


*Sew units together in rows; press to create opposing seams.  Sew rows together; press.  Your block should measure 5" unfinished.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

Here's your cutting and sewing instructions for Part Ten:

Light Print
*Cut (2) 2 3/8" squares for HST.
*Cut (4) 1 1/4" x 2" rectangles.

Green Print
*Cut (2) 2 3/8" squares for HST.
*Cut (4) 1 1/4" x 2" rectangles.

Pink Print
*Cut (1) 2" square.

Directions:
*Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the (2) 2 3/8" Light Print squares. Match with the (2) green print 2 3/8" squares to make HST. Make (4) green HST that should measure 2" unfinished.

*Sew (1) light print and (1) green print 1 1/4 x 2" rectangles together; press to the green.  Repeat to make (4) strip sets that should measure 2" unfinished.



*Arrange the units for the block as shown. 


*Sew the units together into rows: press to the strip sets for opposing seams.  Sew rows together: press.  Your block should measure 5" unfinished.

 
Hope you like these blocks as much as I do!  I can't believe that next Friday,
you'll receive your last two sampler blocks! 
 
Have fun stitching.....Pam


 

3 comments:

  1. I'm done with this set. You can see my blocks here: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/2012/09/forget-me-not-parts-9-10-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm officially caught up as of one minute ago!

    ReplyDelete