HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Coming Up For Air

Hello, Dear Reader!

I have missed you!  To say I've been busy since before Market is a mammoth understatement.  We're always busy, right?  No chance we'll be bored, but sometimes busy is crazy!  I'm usually a busy person, and I kinda like it that way, but this is quite unusual.  So much so, I didn't dare take the time to blog other than for our Market Day sew-along posts.  

Well, I've come up for some fresh air and to take a moment to share what's been happening.  Since returning from Pittsburgh and Spring Market, (I still owe you a blog post about market before it's all old news!!), I went immediately to my sewing machine, and that's where I've been ever since, save for one day to travel to Iowa.  

First of all, I can begin to share what I've been working on for the last 10 months.  I was asked by the good folks at Marcus Fabrics to create a Block of the Month program.  I was thrilled!!!  I was terrified!  So, I worked on a quilt design and the fabric collection that would go with it.  The fabric is all done and my sample yardage arrived just before I left home for Market.  Upon my return, with the help of my friend Deb, we've been constructing the quilt and I've been writing the pattern.  Sewing, testing, proofing, cutting, and toasting two irons in the process.   Yup.....one was brand new that was faulty, overheated and burned a piece of fabric, and the other one was old and tired and just gave out.  I'm sewing the final pieces now and off to the quilter it goes.  I'm deliriously happy with the way it's turned out and can't wait to share everything with you.  

You know how I love to be the (prairie) pioneer, so I took my BOM program in a different direction.   It isn't your typical block of the month program.  Actually, it isn't a block of the month at all!  Hhmmm....have I piqued your curiosity?  It's a two color quilt in my favorite color......RED!!  The fabric collection and program is called......

A Prairie Gathering!!

I'll be sharing everything about the program the first week of July with a photo of the quilt design.  Can't wait!!



Last Saturday, I dusted the threads off of my shirt and traveled to Inspirations Quilt Shop in Hills, Iowa.  


I had visited this shop before and couldn't wait to return!!  


Shop owner Nancy Lackender and her staff of talented shop girls do an awesome job living up to the inspirational shop name.  The shop is loaded with lovely quilt patterns, kits, and as you can see, a yummy collection of fabrics.





I went there because Nancy is beginning my Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club and she asked me to come to give a trunk show showing all of the five Journey quilts.  


The quilts on the wall belong to a shop customer.  Nancy routinely displays the work of a different shop customer each month, which I think is a great idea!


Visit the Inspirations Quilt Shop and join the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club!


They already have a lot of wonderful ladies signed up and will be a lot of fun!  


Guess what?  There's another sew-along coming your way very soon!!  This time, it won't be just me.  I'll be joined by eight very creative and talented friends!  Look for news all about this on Monday, June 16th right here on my blog.

You can also see sneak peaks of A Prairie Gathering fabrics and on my sewing progress on my Facebook and Instagram pages!!  

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy... and congrat's on the bom and new fabric line. I can't wait to see it in person.. I love red..and yes you have piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you had a chance to come up for air - you sure have been busy. Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Pam! Your BOM sounds intriguing. Will look forward to the beginning of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Pam lots going on for you!
    Can't wait to see your new BOM (or whatever it actually is) and the new fabric line.
    That looks like a wonderful shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as above look forward to seeing the BOM quilt and fabrics, also the sew along you will be telling us about next week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard you were going to be at Inspirations- I was out of town, and couldn't come visit! Nancy is awesome and has the best shop. I bought some of your new line there a couple of weeks ago! Your new BOM sounds exciting - looking forward to seeing what you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I look forward to seeing your new fabric line and the quilt-a-long.
    I am participating in your Market Day sew-along...I will be making a tablerunner with it, so I may not make all the blocks...I am using navy blue and khaki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! There are just not enough hours in the day to enjoy quilting enough!!

    ReplyDelete