HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Quilter's Are The Best People!

I just returned from visiting the Etowah Valley Quilters Guild in Cartersville, GA.  What a fantastic group of women!  I am so lucky to be able to spend time with quilters in lectures and workshops because - bar none - they are the nicest people on the planet!!   Southern hospitality was everywhere I went, be it a coffee shop, restaurant, or with these ladies who all made me feel very welcome and at home.  My thanks to all of the Etowah Valley quilters for making my visit one to remember!


My hubby and I also spent a few days vacationing in Alabama's Gulf Shores.  What a beautiful place!  We walked the cleanest beaches I've ever seen.  Great Southern food, lots to do and see.  I am very happy we went.  Cross another state off my bucket list.  Three more to go to be able to say I've been to all 50 states!!  Two more next year for sure.

Back at home, I'm working on multiple projects for fall market.  Deb and I are piecing my new Block of the Month and I can not wait to show it to you!!!  Over the moon happy with the fabrics and the quilt is turning out so lovely.  I should be able to show you everything next month.

I'm also working on my "super secret scrappy project" and will be able to give you sneak peeks at that one in September.  

More fabric lines are in production and two more going to be submitted later this year.  That means lots more quilt designs to do as well.  Geesh....no boredom here!!!  

Enjoying a summer weekend at home.  Hot and humid, but sunny....summer in Chicago!  

Be well...stay cool and happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, to walk on a beach!!! Glad you and hubby had a good time. And it looks as though all those girls enjoyed you visiting them. I don't blame them, I always have fun when I'm with you.
    Waiting patiently for your showing next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation sounds wonderful, and well earned.
    I have only been to half the states. Maybe I need to follow you around. :)
    Can't wait to see new fabric lines and projects!
    Praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete