HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, August 26, 2019

Circa 1880 Nine Patch

I don't know about you, but I just love these little blocks.  Seems like no matter what fabrics they're made from, they all look great!
I made some new strips sets over the weekend.  I'm still trading blocks with my friends and happy to continue.  

I hope to have another couple hundred blocks by the end of the year.  Why, since my Circa 1880 quilt is finished?  Because I've been inspired by the Circa 1880 Club at Village Dry Goods.   Many of the club members are adding what they call 'rogue' blocks, named by my friend Janet of Rogue Quilter ,who is a club member there.  Rogue blocks are any block made the same size as the Circa 1880 blocks, and added here and there as little surprises to the quilt.  It looks so awesome that I want to make a quilt with rogue blocks, too!!  It will undoubtedly have a different setting than the original Circa 1880 Nine Patch quilt.  Oh...my imagination gets carried away with all the little rogue blocks I can make!

You'd be inspired too!  You could see all the innovations and inspirations if you were part of the Circa 1880 Club.  Join us!  We'd love to have you. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I can't wait to see your new "rogue" creation. And, I wholeheartedly agree that these little gems look great no matter what fabrics we use, but I have to say I have found all of your fabrics to be really perfect for them! I laid out some of my blocks last weekend and I think I am going to go "rogue" with my background. Surprise, surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tempting me to go make more strip sets. That luscious purple center strip in the lower right corner has me drooling!
    I can't wait to see what other fun blocks you create, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Pam ~ It's so much fun making these tiny treasures with different combinations of fabrics. The possibilities are endless. And I am loving all the tiny rouge blocks everyone is making, but I won't be adding any to my Circa quilt. I just want mine to be made with those beautiful tiny gems that you created way back when you were dreaming of this quilt project. I have been having a lot of fun searching for the perfect fabrics to make some with fussy cuts. Maybe later on I will go Rouge with a smaller version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right they do look awesome! I would love to see this as a block swap for even more variety!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Pam, for your mention of Village Dry Goods. We have a great group of ladies that are enjoying the club you designed. Janet has been a wonderful asset at our meetings. We can't wait to see what you come up with next.
    Laurie S.

    ReplyDelete