HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

New Sew Along Inspiration

Hi to everyone from my home to yours!

I'm all ready to begin our little sew along and wanted to share my inspiration with you.  I'm not a lover of large table runners.  I find them too big and bulky and they're almost never the right size for where I would want to use them.  I much prefer square toppers or really small table runners. 
The runner you see in the photos above is the perfect size for me.  I can have the runner on top of the spool cabinet and still have a place for my tchotkes.
It's also amazing how versatile they are.
Used with permission - Meredith Corp - American Patchwork & Quilting magazine
Many years ago, this little cutie appeared in a special edition of American Patchwork & Quilting.....
Used with permission ~ Meredith Corporation

It is long out of publication but you may be able to find it on eBay.  Anyway....

I do love my little runners and have been wanting to make a new one for the large spool cabinet next to the chair where I stitch.  

So, a scrappy little runner is what we will be making.  It's just four blocks that are four inches.  Won't be a lot of work and you'll have a mini runner of your own in no time.   And, I'll show you how many places I can use it in the house beyond just my spool cabinet/end table.

Here's what you'll need to gather.......

These are the fabrics I used in my little runner.  No yardage is required...work from scraps.  That's what I did.  

I suggest you choose a color theme to work from, or go all out scrappy.  Each of my blocks have three fabrics.  

I'm calling this sew along.....
Safe Keeping

My scrappy little runner, Safe Keeping, will begin this coming Friday 4/17.  I'll post each of the four blocks in four consecutive weeks with the 'big 'reveal the fifth week.  Oh, boy....this is gonna be fun!!

Coming soon from all of the Marcus Fabrics Designers.....


Marcus Block Stars present......
Our  new collaborative project

I'm so JAZZED!!!  It's gonna be big!

Stay safe and create.....

Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for behind-the-scenes photos and newsy posts!  



7 comments:

  1. Pam, I love your sew a longs. I know this is going to turn into something fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little runners. Looking forward to sewing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This looks like fun and I am going to have to clear a few scraps from Circa 1800 to do it! Making a "little" room....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun. Love your work and I love runners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to a small 'little' sew along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sé publicó mi comentario de ayer... El proyecto es precioso, y me apunto!!!

    ReplyDelete