HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, June 4, 2021

Abigail's Sew Along ~ Part Two

 Did you make Half Square Triangles in your sleep last week?  I don't mind making them at all....you sew, and sew, and sew while watching a good movie.  Win, win!

Back when Abigail would have been learning to stitch and piece, her mama would have given her an assignment of work, and she would have called it a stint.

Here's your stint for the week. You have a lot of chain sewing.  That does not mean there's no work involved, though.  I am a stickler for measure, measure, measure!!  Do as much work as you're comfy doing, just promise me you'll measure along the way.  You will be highly rewarded for it with perfect blocks.

Sew a plain Aged Muslin square to a Half Square Triangle exactly as shown; press to the plain square.

Each and every pair should measure 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" unfinished.  Watch to make sure the patchwork was sewn straight....that you didn't loose your 1/4 inch seam half way, causing the seam to be larger or smaller....you know what I mean??  If they are not perfect.....it's a very short seam,  rip it out, and do it again.  This is exactly how you get better and better as a quilter.

Once you have sewn two pairs together exactly as shown, measure to be sure the row is 1 1/2" x 4 1/2" unfinished.  

You will need (32) rows.  If you'd like to work ahead, consult the pattern.  Otherwise, you're doing great!!

In the studio this week, I am working on my new quilt for my Farmer's Daughter fabric collection.  I'll have more goodies to show you in a day or so.  Stay tuned!

Enjoy your weekend.....and be well!




1 comment:

  1. Pam ~ I am not able to join in on this sweet little one right now, but I love how you keep us on track with such great tips for accurate stitching. Always look forward to seeing your new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete