HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Blue Quilts Quilted

 The two quilts made from my new Old Blue Calicos fabric collection are back home from being quilted and photographed.

I thought I would share photos of how they turned out.  We've had a whole lotta rain here this past week and it's overcast today.  Great for seeing the quilting details....not so great for seeing the fabric in it's true colors.  The quilt above (and below) is Charleston Landing.

The quilt details look wonderful.  The blue fabrics look washed out against the daylight coming through the window.  Poor baby has been in a box and you can see the folds.  Time to lay it out on a bed for awhile!


Look at how different the colors of this fabric appear in the two photos above.  Amazing!  The bottom photo is closest to what the fabric really looks like.  This print is one of my favorites from the line.  It also appears in Pinks of the Past and probably would look wonderful in any color.  It's c1850 and speaks to my heart.
This quilt is called Nines in the Middle....a Log Cabin block with a Nine Patch in the center.  
I love, love, love Log Cabin blocks! 
I didn't have enough fabric left of my sample yardage of any of the Old Blue Calicos prints to use as the backing for this quilt, so I used what I had on hand.  This backing is actually a super soft woven fabric called Shot Cloth.  Marcus had it a few years ago in about 20 colors.  It's so soft and lovely, I adore using it as a backing.  Not to mention how well it shows off the quilting.

I know lots of you recently received your Charleston Landing and Nines in the Middle kits, and I wanted to share the quilted quilts with all of you.  Both of the quilt patterns are available here.

You can shop for Old Blue Calicos fabric yardage and Fat Quarters at your LQS or buy them here.

IN THE STUDIO.....I am a busy bee planning future stuff, but also wanted to share some news that is a bit of a bummer.  First of all....there will be a delay in getting my next fabric lines in due to the ever growing shipping problems.  Looks like the end of summer before the next collections are delivered.  Sigh.  And, it also looks like the price of cotton, which just saw an increase, will be going up again.  As I said....bummer!  

For some good news, I will be offering another project in my Teeny Tiny Quilt Club!  The quilt is made, and I'm hand quilting it now, writing directions, and getting everything ready for you.  It will be sometime this month.  Hint: start cutting (40) 1 1/4 squares in scrappy colors and prints.  I'm super jazzed to show you the quilt!  

In the meantime, keep your needle busy and your heart content.  Be well....pray for Ukraine.





No comments:

Post a Comment