HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, April 15, 2022

Teeny Tiny Garden Basket ~ Reveal!

 Welcome to my new Teeny Tiny Quilt Club project called... 

Garden Basket

Teeny Tiny Garden Basket is our next project.  The truth is, I love, love, love basket blocks and have wanted to make a basket with an applique handle for a long time.  While it is my intention that the projects for this club be very small, this one grew to 12 inches square.  Yes, small but not teeny tiny.  The basket block is perfect for spring, and I didn't have another project for spring ready to go, so I took creative license, and went ahead anyway. 

While designing the quilt, I really did want to keep it small, but all the things I tried just didn't make this basket the center of attention, and I really wanted it to be the focal point.  So, this is the final result, and I hope you like it!

Now, if applique is a FOUR letter word for you, don't worry!  I love the appliques on this quilt, but if you don't applique, you are welcome to fuse your pieces or use wool.  There's also an alternate option (above) to make a basket without applique.  

Just a refresher on how the club will work...

Anyone can participate, and I sincerely hope you all do!  Starting next Friday, I will post a three week sew-along sharing a tip or two as we piece this project over the next few weeks.

Click here to download the Teeny Tiny Garden Basket pattern for small fee.  

You can begin to choose your fabrics, prepare and cut your pieces.  Be creative and make yours anyway you'd like! If you want to work ahead, do so!

Let's meet back here next Friday to begin our sew~along.  I'm so, so jazzed to sew this small quilt with you!

In order that we can all see each other's progress, fabrics, and quilts, please use hashtag #teenytinyquiltclub  Oh, it will be so fun to get inspiration from each other!!  

If you're not sure how to view photos tagged with #teenytinyquiltclub, you can enter it as search within Instagram and  Google's search bar.  So post away with the club hashtag.  

So....let the fun begin! 

P.S. If the text size appears large and small in different paragraphs, I apologize about that.  I'm not typing it that way.  Blogger is doing that for some odd reason.  Crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment