HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, May 6, 2022

Teeny Tiny Garden Basket ~ Part Three

 We're close to being done with our sweet Garden Basket quilt.  

I added a plain border to set the basket apart from the pieced border and give the basket more space to be seen.  I want the basket to be the center of attention.  

This is the first design I played with trying to keep the quilt tiny.  It's not bad at all, and borders can be added, but it just wasn't what I envisioned.  My designer instincts were telling me to go another way.  So, I added the scrappy border which I do love.  I used up a bunch of scraps, and added a whole lotta color, which compliments the scrappy basket itself.

Next, I added corner triangles to turn the basket on point.
I added a narrow border and cornerposts to add one more pop of color.  Then, I added the three applique petals.  (They can be added anytime you feel comfy doing so.)  
Elyssa M. sent me a photo of her completed Garden Basket and I wanted to share it with you as well.  So darn cute!  Thanks for sharing your quilt with us!  Please post a photo of your quilt to social media using #teenytinyquiltclub so we can all see your inspiring work.

I hope you have enjoyed making this quilt.  I have more fun projects planned for us, so be sure to subscribe to this blog and my newsletter (on my website) so you receive a notice of all the new stuff coming from Heartspun Quilts!  

Keep your needle busy and your heart content!  Be well.....








No comments:

Post a Comment