HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, January 30, 2023

Just An Update

 

Cotton Ridge Farm by Pam Buda
66 x 74
Butternut & Peppercorn has finally been delivered.  We have been cutting and assembling Cotton Ridge Farm kits which will ship this week!!  Yay!!  You can buy the pattern here.  The block is quite easy made with Flying Geese and Half Square Triangles.

Butternut & Peppercorn is available now in your favorite quilt shop, so please.....stop in to see buy it there.  I always encourage you to shop at your LQS.  They need our support!!!


If your LQS doesn't have my fabrics, then you can find them on my website....but please support your favorite shop.  


My pal, Paula Barnes (of Red Crinoline Quilts) and I will be sailing the Caribbean this coming May.  Honestly, this is such a fun experience you really should treat yourself.  A quilting cruise is the perfect vacation for quilters because you sew as much or as little as you want, eat fabulous food, see wonderful shows, live music and visit tropical destinations (all included.)  What is not to love??

Stitchin' Heaven is offering $200 off per person when you grab three friends and sail together!  That is an awesome deal!!  Click here to read the details, and I hope to meet you onboard!


I'm preparing for my next fabric collection, called Lily's Locket.  This is a new endeavor for me as it uses a beautiful light print floral pattern as the main print in the quilt.  I don't usually choose light florals, but this one stole my heart, and I had to use it.  It's very old, and classic in the dressing gown style prints from the 1800's.  

I designed fun coordinate prints with the colors in the floral design, and used a block that pops against the main floral background.  I have begun piecing blocks and will show you one very soon.  Lily's Locket will be delivered in March.  Pre-orders for fabric bundles and the kit coming soon.

I thought I'd share a little about the fabrics I design and choose for my collections.  The print is from Redwood Cupboard.

I found this small pieced section of antique blocks.  At first glance it may not look like much to get excited about.

Upon closer inspection, I found this little gem.  It has two of my favorite elements:  a geometric motif, and a motif with motion all in one.


I chose to do it in its original color, brown, and also in red.  I love each version so much!  This kind of print is very hard to come by, so I was very excited to find it, and use it in Redwood Cupboard.  

I hope you like it, too!

IN THE STUDIO....I am working on a new Block of the Month for 2024.  It takes one year to make a BOM program, beginning with the fabric.  The quilt is designed, so I'm choosing all of the fabrics now.  Can you believe it takes that long?  But....I'm super excited about it.  After that I have two more new collections on my design board and want to get them into Marcus Fabrics before Lily's Locket arrives at my doorstep. 

That's what's new here.  Keep your needle busy and your heart content.  Be well, my friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment