HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, February 14, 2014

Vintage Tin Pinkeeps


I love working vintage items into cute sewing needfuls, and this is my latest creation.  It's called the Tin Pinkeep pincushion.  I'm offering it in my retreat classes this year, and so far, the ladies have really enjoyed making them.  The vintage Jell-O tins are kinda hard to come by, but last month, I was able to purchase an extra bunch of them.  So.....what that means is that I have a limited quantity to sell!  

Click here if you'd like to buy one.  The kit comes with the pattern instructions, the paper pieces needed to make the cute fabric ball, and the vintage Jell-O tin!  

After making the little fabric ball for the Tin Pinkeep pincushion, I had to make more!  They're quite addicting!!  I made the black one using pentagon papers that were 1/4 of an inch larger.  I want to make one in all my favorite colors!  My goal is to fill a glass cloche with them.  How cute would that be?!!

If you're interested in just making the fabric balls, the pattern is sold separately here.  

You can buy individual packages of pentagon paper pieces here.

Have a ball!

3 comments:

  1. Now, yes, that is just an adorable pincushion! I can imagine those little balls in all different colors in a glass bowl or old fashioned candy jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to drop everything and go make my Jello tin pincushion! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    Robinets de Baignoire

    ReplyDelete