HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, August 22, 2014

Pati's Block for Week #4 & New Aged Muslins


Did you know that Marcus Fabrics has this collection of "New" Aged Muslins?  This beautiful array of colored, overdyed muslins is a feast for your eyes to be sure.  Marcus was the first company to bring you overdyed, aged muslins in the warm beige tones seen in the collection at the far right of the color card.  They are all made from the highest quality goods and subtly bring that aged and worn feeling that we all love right into your quilts.  

Recently, Marcus took aging their muslin collection a giant step further by dying the muslin in colors and then giving them the aged look the beige fabrics have.  The results are stunning!  

Just think of all the things you can do with these fabrics!  I'm not a fan of working with solids in my Civil War repro quilts because they're too "flat" for me, but these New Aged Muslin fabrics have that gentle shading and texture that is anything but flat!  I'll be cutting them up and working them into my next scrappy quilt for sure.  Just wanted to share a really  good thing with you!  Ask for them as your local quilt shop.  

It's Friday!!!  That means another block is ready for you in our Friends & Companions Sew-Along!!  

Click here to hop on over to the Marcus Mentions blog and get to know Pati Violick, Director of Marketing.  You're gonna love her block!

Have a great weekend stitching!  

15 comments:

  1. Those look so soft and would be great along with my scraps! Laura V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the aged muslin in my quilts and use it a lot! I'll be looking for the new ones--love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I had no idea these fabrics existed. I can think of so many ways to use them! You are right they are perfect for combining with your repro fabrics! Does Marcus sell that swatch card? It would be a great design tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the muslins and these are going to be a hit!
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely shades of fabric here. There does not appear to be a download button for the block so I can print it off or am I not looking properly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These muslins look gorgeous! I'm going to have to add this to my quilting shopping list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhh...Love the new muslins! Pretty sure I'm going to need to add some of those to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know these are amazing when you already envision them in a project you had no intention of starting yet!! Going to have to get some of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love these new aged muslin fabrics!!! I NEED to get some for my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing those aged muslins. They look wonderful. I will have to see whether I can get some in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--what gorgeous fabrics. Thanks for making us aware of them, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which Aged Muslin did you decide to use in the Circa 1880 Quilt?

    ReplyDelete