HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Prairie Gathering Assembly Line



We have a big production line going on here assembling the Shop Guides for the Prairie Gathering Quilt of the Quarter program.  Boxes and boxes of paper, binders, tabs and bags have taken over our basement.  It's such a great feeling to see things coming together!  Paper cuts are a job hazard and we keep a box of Band-Aids nearby.  Oh, what suffering we do for our craft!  Teehee!


Meanwhile, upstairs in my studio, I'm working on one of three new small quilts going into a special new pattern using the Prairie Gathering fabrics.   (Stay tuned for an announcement about why this pattern is special!)  This is the center of one of the quilts.  I just adore simple patchwork like these checkerboard blocks, don't you?  There's just something so wonderful and satisfying in piecing these blocks.  And, I think these squares show off the fabric prints very nicely.  


Be sure to visit the blog of my pals and fellow Marcus designers Gloria Parsons and Vicky Iannucci on Friday.  Besides designing fabric, they design all kinds of lovely things for their company, Olde Green Cupboard.  They will be posting their block instructions for our Friends & Companions Sew-Along on Friday, so tie a string around your finger so you don't forget!  

Hope you're finding some time to spend with fabric, needle and thread.


4 comments:

  1. I am always inspired when I see your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful fabrics in this collection, Pam!
    Am anxious to see your new little quilt designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tease you are!!! Hurry with your announcement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait until it is out. My dodecahedron is done and very beautiful. Thanks for the lesson, I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete