HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, September 19, 2014

Market Day ~ Airing of the Quilts ~ Part One


My first order of business is to remind you that today is week #9 in our Marcus Fabrics Friends & Companions Sew-along!!  Today you will meet Dolores Smith, co-owner of Homestead Hearth Quilt Shop and design partner with Sarah Maxwell.  Click here to visit their blog, meet Dolores and get her block instructions!  

We sure hope you're having fun with our Designer Sew-along.  We've had really great blocks, I think, and our big reveal is coming soon!!  So, so exciting!!




Airing of the Quilts 

Before I begin the photo display of these lovely quilts, may I take this opportunity to share my thoughts with you.  To each of you who visit my blog, these sew-alongs are my way of giving back to you.  I receive so many lovely emails and comments, and I want you to know just how much they fill my heart.  You've shared parts of your life, both of joy and sorrow, expressing what quilting means to you, and how in some way, my quilt designs and fabric have played some part in your quilting adventures.  Your kind words and encouragement mean more to me than you'll ever know, and keep me going, to be sure.  I am humbled and grateful for your friendship, and thank you from the bottom of my heart!  

Our Market Day quilts are going on the clothesline....there for you to enjoy.  I have many, many quilts to share with you, and will do so over several posts.  I am so jazzed thinking about how many people have participated in this sew-along, from all over the United States, and around the world.  Isn't it grand to think that we've all be sewing on the same project together? Oh, how our love of quilting unites us!  

I am delighted over how many of you made the mini version.  The mini version was something I decided to do at the last minute, and boy am I glad I did.  As you may know, I adore small blocks and quilts.  I wanted to challenge you to give miniature blocks a try, and the blocks in this quilt, I hoped, were easy enough to tempt you.  Many, many of you did try and tell me now you're hooked!  Those of you already comfortable working on mini blocks enjoyed the mini version, too.  I feel very strongly about stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things from time to time.  That is how we grow as quilters, and there are so many wonderful things to learn.  Keep on growing!

My thanks to everyone who took the time to email photos so we can all enjoy seeing them.  I know that you will be inspired by all of the work and creativity of others.  

Without further a-do (and I can stop blabbing now and get to the good stuff), I'll let the quilts speak for themselves.  Enjoy!
Anita from The Netherlands

Barbara from Kansas
Becky from Wyoming
Beth from Michigan
Carleen from Canada

Cathy B from Texas

Cathy from Maryland

Cathy W. from Arizona
Celtic Rose from Arizona

Charlotte from California ~ regular size

Charlotte from California ~ mini version

Cherie R. from Michigan
Christie B from Nebraska

Christina M from Indiana

Claudine from France

Corinne from Germany ~ regular size
Corinne from Germany ~ mini version

Dale from California ~ mini version

Dale from California ~ regular size

Danice from Alabama 
Lots more in my next post!

17 comments:

  1. What lovely work everyone has done. These quilts are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous parade of quilts! A wonderful design that I hope to make some day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful design and great interpretations,congratulations to you Pam and all those who made quilts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, this snuck up on me! What a wonderful surprise for a Friday morning, seeing everyone's lovely quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave mine away as a gift before I thought to snap a pic.. But I so enjoyed making it. Thanks sew much. I love seeing everyone else's work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so fun to see how each quilt is unique, though they all start with the same instructions. Love the parade--can't wait for part two! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did anyone else notice instantly that Corrine from Germany flipped the light / dark placement of all of the half square triangles? That's why it looks so different. Her quilting on both versions is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! What talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed all the quilts. This was such a fun sew-along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me wish I'd done the Mini too. It was a fun SAL. Thanks so much for all you share! Maybe mine will be in Part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love these! A super great design for a SAL and very enjoyable to see some different color combos! I hope to start mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great parade of beautiful quilts! Thanks for this fun project - loved the mini size!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous to see so many finished quilts, all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Comgrats to all the ladies
    These quilts are just fantastic love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you Pam for the photos ,all quilts are fantastic and I enjoyed to see that all around the world quilters did both versions and were sewing along with you. I love mini quilts too
    thank you Karen . yes I switched the placement of the light and dark half square triangles and I love handquilting
    II will enjoy the next post with other photos

    Corinne from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this little quilt...but I’m confused. Where exactly are the pattern and/or directions?

    ReplyDelete