HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Market Day ~ Airing of the Quilts ~ Part Three

Debbie McClarence with her First Place winning Prairie Gathering quilt.
Before I begin sharing more photos of your Market Day quilts, please allow me to share a bit of good news about my friend, Deb (who works with me).  Deb not only helped me piece my Prairie Gathering quilt, she then made a second one that she will eventually get to keep.  Both of our Prairie Gathering quilts will go "on tour" all over the world in the next year.  Before Deb's quilt leaves on the tour, she was able to enter it into our local quilt guild's (Heritage Quilter's Guild) show this past weekend, and it won First Place!!  


Debbie McClarence's Pins & Needles First Place winner!
 A Prairie Gathering wasn't the only winning quilt for Deb.  She also entered her Pins & Needles quilt (which is a free quilt pattern I designed for the Marcus Fabrics website) the uses both my Pin Money and Prairie Wovens fabric collections.  
She took First Place with that quilt, too!!!  Deb actually won a total of three First Place ribbons.  The third quilt was my Nabby's Dowry Pocket Patchwork Sew-Along quilt (not pictured).  Congratulations, Deb!!  Your quilts are wonderful.  

That just goes to show you, if Deb can make TWO Prairie Gathering quilts, you can easily make just one!!

Thank you for allowing me to gush a bit about Deb's accomplishments.  And now......on with a bit of gushing over Market Day quilts!  Enjoy this next batch of lovelies.....


Joy from California
Joyce N from Illinois

Judith H from New Hampshire

Juliann from Washington

Julie from Kansas #1

Julie From Kansas #2

Julie from Kansas #3

Karen D from New Jersey

Karen from Pennsylvania
Karen from Utah

Karen S from Illinois ~ Mini version

Karen S from Illinois with both versions

Kathy B from Michigan ~ Mini version

Kathy B from Michigan ~ both versions

Kathy S from Ohio
Lauri from Utah
Kathy W from Indiana
LeAnn from Texas

Kathy W from Canada with extra border



5 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful! And congrats to your friend for having her quilts do so well at the quilt show. Your patterns are definitely award winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your friend--and to you. After all, they are your patterns. Her workmanship and your designs seem to be a winning combination!
    Another wonderful parade! Lots of inspiration here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been enjoying the "airing of the quilts". Sew fun to see different color combinations.

    Congratulations to both you and your friend - wonderful designs and beautiful sewing.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Deb for such beautiful quilts and to you for such terrific prize winning patterns! I posted on my blog today that I won a prize for my quilt at our local fall fair... thanks again! Can't wait for the next sew along (no pressure!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb you are one very talented lady, congratulations on your 3 firsts well deserved I say

    ReplyDelete