HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, September 5, 2014

Week #6 of Friends & Companions and Other Fun Stuff


It's Friday and that means another new block is coming from another Marcus Fabrics Designer!  Fabulously talented Nancy Rink of Nancy Rink Designs will post her block today.  Be sure to  visit her blog and get to know Nancy better.  She is warm, friendly and very funny, and if you ever get the chance to meet her or take a class from her, DO IT!!!  I'm betting you'll recognize her work because she's been designing Block of the Month programs for a long time now.  I can't wait to see what block she's designed myself!!  


I can't seem to stop designing new quilts with my Prairie Gathering collection.  This one just came back from being quilted.  It's one of three new quilts that will be grouped together into one pattern.  The pattern is called Gathering In Red.  The other two are in the trusty hands of my friend and quilter extraordinaire, Ronda.  A sneak peek is all I can do right now.  Please forgive me....I'm so excited about this just had to share.  Something rather special will accompany this pattern, too!  Oh, I can't wait to spill!!


Today, I'm packing the car headed for the open road leading to Mackinaw City, Michigan!!  It's time for our Great Girlfriend Getaway with Lynne Hagmeier (Kansas Troubles Quilters).  I've never been to this area of Michigan and I can't wait.  Living in the Chicago area all my life, I've heard nothing but great things about Mackinac Island, and we'll be right there!!   Can't wait to spend quality time with Girlfriends this week.  So, so fun!!  Planning to spend the following weekend on the Island with my hubby.  Watch for pictures on my Instagram and Facebook pages while I'm gone.  

Enjoy your weekend.....I know you'll be sewing....you have a new block to make!

4 comments:

  1. That sneak peek is tantalizing Pam! Have a great time in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing this mew pattern group. You certainly know how to pique our interest! : )
    Mackinaw looks like such a cool place--how nice that you and your hubby get some time there together! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gathering in Red sure looks pretty! Have fun with the girlfriends and enjoy Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Traverse City, Michigan (full time ... yes, even in all the snow we get) and LOVE it here. You will have the BEST vacation on Mackinaw ... make sure you have a "beverage" on the porch of the Grand Hotel and look out at the water and bridge. This is a special part of Michigan ... as you will soon find out! Travel safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete