HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Update

Ada Blaney c 1848 Nebraska - used with permission Nebraska Historical Society
As it is said….all good things must come to an end. 

I will not be releasing any more Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Journey patterns. 

The natural cycle in the quilting business is all about "what's new", and it's time to move on to a new adventure.  I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of creating the PWSC club, and it has brought me the opportunity to meet many, many wonderful quilt shop owners, and so many thousands of gracious, talented quilters who have all shared my love of nineteenth century living, antique quilts, and our make-do heritage.  I am forever grateful for all of the sharing between our kindred spirits!

There is so much to look forward to in the future with new and exciting opportunities.  My creative soul will always be anchored in the nineteenth century, and I will continue to look for ways to incorporate American history into future projects. 

My Prairie Gathering Quilt of theQuarter program has four historical stories of how women "gathered" together to bring lasting change in our country.  Click here to find a quilt shop near you offering the Prairie Gathering program.

 Then, there's my new pattern series, "Tokens of the Past", with Gathering In Red as the first in the series, which continues with Civil War reproduction doll size quilts that are very do-able, affordable projects that give you the option of using my new 10 inch Prairie Gathering precuts from Marcus Fabrics or choosing your own fabrics.

And, I am happy to continue creating new and exciting things for your quilting pleasure! 

Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Journey patterns will continue to be available to quilt shops that are continuing with club meetings. 

Thank you so much for your support of the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club.  It's been a wonderful journey!!!



4 comments:

  1. it was and is a successful program but life doesn't stand still and I look forward to ne adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an amazing job of combining women's history with wonderful patterns. Thank you for all the work you have put into these sets, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, Thanks for the update. I wish you the best in your new adventures and will miss PWSC but all good things must come to an end and in this case new good things will be coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the new " Tokens of the Past" I LoVe the patterns and colors used...reds/browns are my favs! I'm currently doing " The Prairie Women's Sewing Circle " club, Journey 1Nd LoVe it! I hope we do the rest too. Thank s for the wonderful ideas you keep coming up with .
    Have. Great weekend! Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete