HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Visit To The Country Loft Quilt Shop

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting The Country Loft in La Mesa, CA.  Oh, yes...what a hardship for this Chicago girl to spend time in the San Diego area in January!  


Friday, Saturday and Sunday I taught workshops and spent the day with wonderful quilters!!  
 Many attending have been Facebook friends!  Always fun to meet them in person!
And much to my surprise and delight, designers Cheri Payne (Quilts by Cheri) and Kathy Cardiff (The Cottage at Cardiff Farms) attended Sunday's class.  Lucky me because I don't get to see them very often.  

I so look forward to giving workshops because I maintain there is just no better way to spend a day than with quilters!!  Everyone was so friendly, and happy to be sewing.  Shop owner, Sharon Smith, had the workshop in the banquet room of a nearby local Italian restaurant.  As you can see, the room was bright and sunny....and the food...oh...the food was wonderful!!! The only thing that would have made it any better was if I were sewing, too!!  You'll find no complaints from me as I had the best time!!  


Every chance we had, we went across the street to shop at The Country Loft.  Let me show you why!!

If you love Civil War repros, wool, antiques, folk art and country decorating, you simply must visit The Country Loft!!  
Didn't I tell you there are wonderful things in every nook and cranny?  Luscious wools and Valdani threads...

...beautiful cottons and inspiration everywhere!!
Don't they have great ideas for displaying quilts?!!


Like this display of all five of the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Journey quilts!  WOW!!

A Prairie Gathering Quilt of the Quarter
I absolutely loved seeing my Prairie Gathering Quilt of the Quarter displayed on a bed in the shop!  
So cute with the ticking pillows and bed skirt.  Would love to take home some of the antique furniture, too!!
Sharon and all the very creative shop girls pay attention to even the smallest things, making them so cute and adding inspiration everywhere!!

 And...if all that didn't tempt you, they have more antiques in the little cottage in the back yard.  Sigh....it's all so much fun, it was very hard to leave!!

My heartfelt thanks to Sharon Smith for asking me to visit her wonderful shop.  To all the shop girls who made delicious treats Friday night, and who work so hard with Sharon to make a beautiful and inspiring place for all of us to enjoy, and feed our creative souls.  And, last but certainly not least...to all of the wonderful ladies who attended the three workshop events....I thoroughly enjoyed meeting each and every one of you.  Your warm welcome will get me thru the rest of my Chicago winter!!  


13 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun looking get together! I would LoVe to go to the Country Loft too!
    Gorgeous shop with so much eye candy! Gorgeous ! I LoVe all the Prairie Women's Quilts.
    I'm taking " the journey" with a great bunch of gals in my local quilt shoo.
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post...lived reading about your class and seeing those gorgeous projects in progress and those wonderful treasures in that shop. Your quilt looks fabulous on that bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful shop! And working at an Italian restaurant--my mouth would have been watering the whole time! Looks like a great time, Pam!
    Thanks for sharing all of those displays. They made my mouth water, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your visit to Country Loft was a success. The store looks wonderful as usual and the display of your quilts is pretty darned fabulous. Didn't I tell you the meatballs around the corner were delicious as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Pam for a wonderful class on Sunday. It was a whole lotta fun. I finished my quilt and now I have to quilt it up.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are the ladies making? I love the pattern, can you share? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful post ! thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Not only do you share the photos of your wonderful quilts but a photo of happy quilters working away on Checkerboard Stars...LOVED the class!!! Thanks again for coming to SoCal and the Country Loft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished my "Checkerboard Stars" today. I just love, love , love it. It will be awhile before I quilt it but it is a flimsy. The day at the Loft was so much fun and I really enjoyed finally meeting you.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah..LOVE that window with the quilt in it...now I am on the lookout for an old window!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful trip! You obviously had a blast! Loved seeing it all, and especially all your PWQ's displayed. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete