HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Summer Travels & Workshops

Next month, I'll be giving a lecture & workshop near my home, and one out of town in Maine!!

July 21st, I'll be visiting with the Pride of the Prairie Quilters Guild in Plainfield, IL, giving a lecture at 7pm that evening at the Zion Lutheran Church at 11007 Book Rd., Naperville, IL.

The following day, I'll be giving a workshop, which I believe may be already filled.   If you have any questions about this event, you can email Carol O'Dell at quiltermom@comcast.net


The following week, my hubby and I are traveling to Augusta, Maine for three days of great fun at the 39th Annual Maine Quilt Show.  I will be giving a lecture Friday afternoon, and four workshops over three days.  One of my classes is full and the others only have a few spaces left.   
Click here to find out more about the Maine Quilt Show.

After the show, we're taking a few vacation days to drive to Vermont, a state we've never visited before.  If you know of some fun things to do while visiting Vermont, please let me know. Nothing like getting advice from someone who's been there, or lives there. 

No matter how long you've been quilting, it's good to get out of the sewing room once in awhile to take a class, and visit a guild show.  So much to see and learn, and quilt guilds are terrific organizations to support.  I can't wait to see what's in store for me while visiting both of these guilds.  I hope you'll think about attending, too!!






6 comments:

  1. just get some vermont maple syrup....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only been to Vermont two times, but enjoyed several spots--wish I could recall the names of them. *LOL*
    I really enjoyed the state. Was there in the Fall both times and it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While in Vermont, try to go to the Shelburne Museum, for its fantastic collections of folk art, and quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelburne Museum
    Church Street - Burlington (and take a walk down to the waterfront)
    Yankee Pride Quilt Store - Essex Junction, VT

    Northeast Kingdom (you could travel there first, going from Maine~ across the top of NH~into the NE Kingdom). Rural VT at it's finest

    Calvin Coolidge Historic Site, Plymouth, VT - this is an entire town and you will be inspired.

    Traveling down Route 100 and going through all the lovely little towns

    Country Treasures Quilt Shop in Chester, VT - this store is amazing! You will drive up and think "this is the smallest quilt shop I have very seen" by looking at the width of the store front, but walk in you this store goes WAY back (deep) and every nook is filled with fabric. They even use their attic!

    Shared by a life-long Vermonter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always love stopping at the Ben & Jerry's factory for a tour and some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you will really like Vermont! We lived there one summer because of my husband's job.

    ReplyDelete