HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Finding Scraps of Time

Checking in with you....being accountable about finding scraps of time here and there to work on projects that are not work related.  I've done fairly well this week....how about you?  This morning, I prepped the bottom of this little basket block to applique later this evening.

In addition to making a few more Nine Patches, I added lots more hexies to my hexie quilt....a long term work in progress.  
And....I'm almost done with Lady Liberty, a wool project I've been pining over for years.  All I have left to stitch are a couple of stars and the details of her face.  Despite having most of the DMC floss colors, and a mountain of Weeks and Sampler over dyed threads, I don't have just the right color to match her head.  I'm stuck until I can go shopping at my local cross stitch store.  Gggrrrrr....so close!

During work hours, we're finishing the assembly of my next BOM quilt (announcement to come in July), and completion of writing the pattern for Tokens of the Past: Union Forever!  Lots to keep me occupied.  

June, in the midwest where I live (suburban Chicago area) is a wonderful time to be outdoors. Humidity has not yet come to stay, and no mosquitos.  Perfect stitching in the evening with a glass of wine!

Post your stitching to #ScrapsOfTimeScrapsOfFabric on social media so we can all see what you're working on.  If you don't know how this works, you can Google the above hashtag and click on the Images tab at the top of the page.  Or, you can enter the hashtag in the search bar on Facebook and the entries will pop up for you.  

Have a stitch happy week!


8 comments:

  1. Surely, most human hair has shadings to it, so just use something close to give her highlights! You'll love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut lots of 1 1/2 inch squares. I'm ready to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mention your "local cross stitch store" in your blog post today. Is that the one in Orland Park -- Country Cupboard (I think that was the name of it)? Are they still open? Wow! Great shop! Used to go there all the time when I did cross stitch years ago. Now I just quilt, quilt, quilt! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work, Pam! :)

    I got about a third of a block on Old Mill Pond done, among other projects, but I haven't blogged about it yet because I've been ill. In fact, I've missed doing any needlework the past couple of days. I hope to get back in the saddle today.

    I'll try out your hashtag on my next blog & Twitter posts (next week). Right now, the only thing a Google search shows is stuff from your blog. I like the hashtag idea; it lets everybody participate even if they don't use Facebook or Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your hexie quilt a charm quilt? Love what you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady Liberty looks so beautiful, so does the hexie quilt. Looking forward to your BOM in July :)

    ReplyDelete