HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

All Work and No Play

Summer has definitely arrived here in Chicagoland.  The temperatures are well into the 90's, although it's not terribly humid just yet.  Ahh...the season we wait all winter for.

While I do try to get outdoors as often as I can, I'm working indoors most of the time on a big new project....one I'm very excited about.  At this point, though, it's a whole lotta paperwork. Figuring things out and doing all the math is just a part of the job.  
  After a few days of that, my little Nine Patches keep calling for me to play, much like a kid stuck inside doing homework and friends calling you outside.  I must focus on the work right now!  Nine Patches....stop being so cute and leave me alone!

Actually, I shouldn't complain at all because I'm pushing myself to complete the paperwork because I'm escaping to Las Vegas in a few days.  My entire family (20+ of us) were all invited to a destination vow renewal ceremony.  A cousin and her husband are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary, and invited the family to witness them renew their vows by none other than Elvis himself (or facsimile of) which is waaaayyy too fun to miss! 

Do you know of any great quilt shops I should visit while I'm there?

My Limited Edition Camp Independence quilt will post on Sunday!  
I can't wait to show you how sweet it turned out.  I'm rather jazzed about it!  

Speaking of hot weather,  it's forecast for temperatures to be in the 100's while we're there. We've been there before in that kind of heat, and I have to giggle when people say 'it's dry heat'.  I think to myself....so is bus exhaust, and you don't like standing behind the bus either!

Wish me luck!

PS - I haven't heard from my Instagram winner, MountainMamaScott....please email your mailing address to Pam@HeartspunQuilts.com, by Sunday, June 18th, so I can send you the Fat Eighth pack.  

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you are doing all the math for. And, yes those 9-patches are too cute to leave there for very long! It was in the 90's in Maine yesterday too. Yuck!! This is why winter is my favorite season! Have fun in Vegas with Elvis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was over 100 when we were in Vegas a couple of years ago. Hot is hot, no matter how 'dry' it is! Can't wait to see what you're working on for us. Love the little nine patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you are concocting with those beautiful fabrics.
    Oh, now I want to play with cute 9-patches, too. : )
    Having grown up in "dry heat", I can still recall the first time I experienced serious heat & humidity. I was on a bus trip east and when the bus stopped at a destination, I stepped off the bus and felt like I was at an indoor pool. I wasn't sure there was enough oxygen in the air for breathing and felt like I might drown trying to catch my breath.
    Hope you have a good time on your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time on your little trip to Vegas! If you haven't been, be sure to put the Hoover Dam on your list of places to visit. The earlier in the day the better. Its well worth the trip. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas Goose is a shop that you will love; Quiltique is an awesome shop as well! Have an amazing time in Vegas. Your creativity will explode after enjoying an exciting vacation. Love, love your quilts.
    Maureen from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam, I emailed you my address! Sorry it took so long! :)
    Heather (mountainmamascott on IG)
    Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam ~ How fun, an Elvis renewal!! Too bad it;s going to be so hot!! Be safe and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to staple a sheet of paper directly on the fabric for your projects. I'm going to do that from now on instead of just writing it down. That's a great tip for me. Have a safe and fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out this store -- Henderson is a suburb of Las Vegas. They have amazing row by row designs, free pattern from June 21 to Labor Day!

    Quiltique



    https://www.quiltique.com/



    (702) 563-8600; 213 N. Stephanie Street, Suite E Henderson, NV 89074; info@quiltique.com; Monday-Saturday: 10am - 6pm. Closed Sunday. Tour Our Store. Mary_in_AZ

    ReplyDelete