HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Friday, June 9, 2017

Quilting Essentials ~ Comment Winners!

I am delighted over your positive response to my new Quilting Essentials blog posts!  Thank you!!

That gives me all the more reason to go ahead with the idea.  Your many comments of what you'd like to read about in future posts offered several new subject ideas as well, which made me think.....I may not have the same problems or issues in piecing that you do, especially all of you whom are beginners, and so wouldn't think of writing about it.  So....please keep telling me what problems you are having, and if I use your suggestion in an upcoming post, I'll send you a little freebie!  We'll just tackle piecing one blog post at a time and we'll all be the better for it!

Sharing....Is such a good thing!!  A big THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to comment and helped spread the word by sharing.  I truly appreciate it!

Congratulations to the following people who commented on my blog, shared/wrote a comment on Facebook, and liked my post on Instagram:

Blog Comment:  delaineelliott commented:  I would love to talk about color selection in quilts - what colors go with what. 

Facebook:  Karen Pollard 

Instagram:  Mountainmamascott

Please email your mailing address to me at Pam@HeartspunQuilts.com

I also wanted to thank Bonnie58 for sharing her hint with all of us....one I had never heard before and thought you might like this.  

She said:  Love your blog ~ thanks Pam.   My hint is to measure your 1/4" seam on every different set of fabric you sew.  They can all be different thicknesses which can affect your final seam width.

Camp Independence

My new Limited Edition quilt design, called Camp Independence, is now quilted and being photographed.  Oohhh...it's so darn cute with the most adorable collection of patriotic quilting designs and quilted by my friend, Ronda.  Can hardly wait to show it to you!  Kits will be available for immediate shipment....Just in time for your July 4th celebrations!

Be well.....any day spent quilting is a good day!
  

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Bonnie58's tip is certainly true for applique. Certain fabrics make better points than others, but I never gave it much thought with piecing. Good tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your lucky winners.
    Camp Independence looks like a winner, too. I can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners!! Love Bonnie58's tip also, never really thought of that one. Just goes to show how much we all learn from one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie58 is absolutely correct. I have found this problem myself. Also if you use one machine for classes and a different one at home...that can change your 1/4" not to mention the whole quilt. I was told by several professionals use the same machine for the entire pieceing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie58 is absolutely correct. I have found this problem myself. Also if you use one machine for classes and a different one at home...that can change your 1/4" not to mention the whole quilt. I was told by several professionals use the same machine for the entire pieceing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have trouble using solids; my quilts, as a result, are pretty much all very scrappy and busy. Any hints on using solid fabrics and keeping that old-fashioned look ??
    Love that hint about measuring all fabrics--as i iron my seams on a project i notice how differently my fabrics react...some fold easily, other not so much...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete