HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, August 21, 2017

Back From Primitives of the Midwest

Boy ~ having some time away from home to submerge myself in all things quilting, along with dozens of other kindred spirits sure does a girl a world of good!  

Primitives of the Midwest was exactly the super fun and inspiring event I knew it would be! 

Quilter's Station shop owner, Rita Briner, and all the shop girls did a fantastic job of hosting the event.  We stayed, and had our classes all in one hotel, which made it very convenient. 
Quilter's from as far away as California, Florida, New Jersey, and Canada (and all points in between) attended.  
Some brought their machines on the airplane with them, and some borrowed machines.  As you can see, nothing stopped them from coming!
Both quilts are Starry, Starry Nines from Tokens of the Past: Nine Patch Reverie
Photo courtesy of Ron Hoeltge
I had just the best time with my fellow quilters as we talked shop, favorite quilting tools, favorite quilt shops, and shared hints and tips with each other.  Always the best day when I get to spend time with other quilters!

Quilter's Station Quilt Shop was a mere 5 minute drive from the hotel.  Dare I say, most of us went there every day!  
Just in case we missed something we HAD TO HAVE!
Or....if someone bought something, then showed it off, and you discovered you just needed that, too!
As you can see ~ there's loads and loads of inspiration everywhere.  Everything you'd need for quilting and wool loving are in this shop!
Trust me...these few photos don't begin to do the shop justice.  It's amazing!

I was completely stunned to see two and a half aisles of my fabric in the shop!  It kinda choked me up, to tell the truth, to see it all so beautifully displayed.  

So...if you're looking for Heartspun Quilts fabric....you know exactly where to go and whom to call!!! Quilter's Station. (We have to continue to support our quilt shops!!)  Be sure to add Quilter's Station to your Bucket List as a shop not to miss!  I promise, you won't be disappointed!!

Hubby and I went to Kansas City for the weekend.  We discovered several really fun places and I'll share those with you in my next post.  

In the meantime....spend some time with needle and thread...and Be Well!  


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! I'm ready for my next retreat/class at the end of September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilter's Station is a quilter's dream. Wish it was closer! Your fabrics look so inviting, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made my day, I am planning a trip to Kansas City next year and this quilt shoppe just went to the top of my places to see list. I just goes my Star Spangled Liberty BOM quilt back from my quilter I just love it so much thanks for the great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like my kind of shop. It's now on my bucket list. Maybe I need to make a barrel list instead. There are so many things on my list, and it just keeps growing!! Thanks for sharing your trip, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun! And it really is impressive to see all that Pam Buda fabric at one siting! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful event. I love your quilt design that everyone was making. And how cool is that to see your fabric all lined up like that?!? Appears to be an incredible shop.
    Sounds like a good time to replenish your creative spirit!

    ReplyDelete