HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Pine Tree Love

I'm so happy to report that my new Pieceful Pines Block of the Month quilt top is pieced and now in the hands of my friend and quilter, Ronda.  We have chosen the designs for the quilt and she's adding her magic.  (More photos when the quilt returns home.)  In my haste to get the quilt to Ronda, I failed to take photos of the quilt blocks to show you.  Geez, I hate when I forget important things like that....but, oh well.  What can I do?

I made an extra block to show you how cute the Pine Tree blocks are.  Hope you like it.  

The Pieceful Pines fabric collection is now on the Marcus Fabrics website.  Click here to see all the Pieceful Pines prints.

The quilt measures 80" x 80" and is an 8 month program.  Please ask for Pieceful Pines at your local quilt shop!!  Program begins in April, 2018 and is finished in November.  Perfect timing as it's just in time to have it quilted for cuddling under next Christmas! 
I am curious about the seasonal quilts we all make.  Are you like me and wish you had more seasonal quilts when it's time to celebrate a season or holiday?  We all suffer from so-many-projects-so-little-time that we just can't make them all.  I know this last Halloween, I wished I had more black and orange quilts to display, and the same thing is happening now with Christmas.

So....I added a little poll to my blog sidebar.  I'd love to hear which holidays you celebrate with quilts!!  You can click here to vote - just look for the poll at the top of the right-hand side bar.  I'll post the results on Monday.  

In the meantime, I hope you are getting to enjoy every moment of this holiday season!  


12 comments:

  1. Super cute block! Loving the fabric as well. Can't wait for it to be available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't have even one seasonal quilt, but my first will be either Christmas or fall...maybe it'll be pieceful pines!?! I took my new fabric over to a girlfriends house this morning to show her and we looked at the pattern together. I hope to get at Plantation Stars soon! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even have one seasonal quilt. I keep meaning to make a fall one since that is my favorite season. But it always seems too early to just drop what I'm doing and make one, until it's finally too late to use it. Love the Pieceful Pines block - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I celebrate with quilts throughout the year. I start in January with snowmen themed quilts that stay up to the end of January. Followed with Valentine quilts thru Feb 14 or so - then I add my president themed quilts to the end of February. Next come the Easter/spring themed quilts . Down come the Easter ones while the Spring themed quilts stay until the end of May when the summer-themed quilts go up. These are followed by fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving day quilts. Come December the Christmas-themed quilts go up and I start all over in January. These quilts are like old friends that come to visit and stay a while. They make me happy and warm my home. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some I've made to use for thru out year for the seasons as they change. My favorite are the Christmas ones. I will definitely be adding pieceful pines to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pine tree block Pam, and need I say you have made created the perfect fabric line for this quilt! I am one who always thought, gee ~ I don't want to put all that time and money into a quilt that can't be displayed any time of the year, but then I was sad I never had quilts to have just for each holiday. Now I love making holiday quilts, it seems like the seasons change so fast they all have their special time to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have LOTS of quilts for all the holidays in the poll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don´t have seasonal quilts only Christmas pillows,runners, toppers and wallhanging.
    Every year I say I have to make a Christmas quilt and don´t know why I haven´t made one.

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That block is so very cute!
    I have minis for every holiday imaginable--mostly just the holiday colors in regular prints. But as far as bed quilts go, I only have Christmas. I have a patriotic quilt top, if I would ever get it quilted!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pine tree block is adorable Pam! I can't wait to see your finished quilt. I singed up for the BOM. I showed my husband your last post with your new fabrics and the BOM quilt pattern pic and he told me I better sign up for Pieceful Pines BOM. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these pine tree blocks! I'm pretty new to quilting and have only finished 2 bed sized quilts (one everyday design and one winter). My goal is to make more holiday quilts (mostly fall and Christmas)...as I'm really enjoying the idea of decorating with quilts, rather than a bunch of little trinkets! lol! Plus, quilts double duty as nap assistants! lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love these Christmas fabrics! They will be on my fabric bucket list for sure!

    ReplyDelete