HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Pieceful Pines Sample Fabric Arrives!

The doorbell rang last Friday and a yummy package was left on the front porch.  My sample yardage for my newest fabric collection, Pieceful Pines arrived!!  Let the sewing begin!
Here's a first look at all the prints in the collection.
Being the traditional quilter that I am, I'm not a person who enjoys "Christmas print" fabrics with Santas and big snowflakes and the like.   
I prefer to stick to the historic prints I love to make my holiday quilts...the same way our 19th century quilting ancestors did.
I do look for prints that will reflect the feeling of the season, but could easily be used in a another quilt for any purpose.

As usual...the colors are somewhat off due to my talent for taking poor photos.  Is there a magic camera that will help me?  I should ask Santa about that!


I have to admit that it's really fun to be piecing a holiday quilt during the month of December.  Christmas is everywhere and I sure have the holiday spirit going on in my studio.  

I'll be sure to post some photos of the blocks very soon.  Hope you like the fabrics!

My Pieceful Pines Block of the Month will begin in April, so please ask for it at your local quilt shop.  

Hope your days are merry and bright!


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric line! Just the kind of fabrics I love to use in Christmas colored quilts. Nothing screams Christmas--the colors do the talking. Great pattern design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see them in person. Absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful line and a lovely quilt design Pam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big is the quilt? It’s awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collection-and the pine tree quilt is really appealing to my traditional side as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to seeing updates as you go on this quilt. Love the fabric scale and colors. Happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Pam, and I'm not into cutesie holiday fabrics either. I love that you can mix these up with all of our other historical fabrics.
    I would love to be an elf in your workshop working on this beautiful quilt with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! these are lovely! Wish shops near me carried 1800's!

      Delete
  8. I just love your new quilt! Log cabin blocks are one of my favorites, and red is my favorite color - so this is just perfect! LOVE your new fabric line - I see so many little prints that will be perfect for jewelry! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful fabric line and the pattern is just fantastic,caught my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt and your fabrics are so beautiful. I am always on the look out for those colors and the prints are so lovely. I like making quilts with Christmas colors and prints that don't scream Christmas that can be used all year. Will the pattern be available for sale on your site and will you be selling any bundles of your new line when they come out? Your post made my day Pam, I can't wait to buy some of each and every fabric. Have a wonderful day!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally in love with these fabrics! The colors and prints are awesome. I don't like the Christmas print fabrics either, especially the large ones. These are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam!!! I don't think that we can be friends anymore!! One- you're going to break me! and two- I don't need anymore fabric and I'm not strong enough to say no to your fabrics and designs!! Oh my. I just responded to another blogger 20 minutes ago that my first Christmas quilt I sew will be a red and hunter log cabin in KT, but I think this quilt and fabrics would do nicely! Have a great, great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete