HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Enjoying A Slower Pace

Now that the holidays are over (which I enjoyed immensely!) we can begin to enjoy life at a slower pace.  I don't mind the winter months for just that reason.   Well...and I enjoy all four seasons, which helps a lot, especially since we're living in a Polar Vortex here in the Midwest.  But...I digress....

That slower pace also opens up some free time which I took advantage of this past week or so.  The little Nine Patch quilt you see has been a work-in-progress (Yes, UFO!) for more than a year.  Sad to say but I only needed five more little Nine Patches to complete the quilt as of Christmas 2016!!  Sorry to admit that it took a year to make five Nine Patch blocks and choose the setting fabrics and border.  I'm betting you have a project or two that is very close to being done, just waiting its turn.  New Years Day was quiet here, so I finished this little quilt and I'm so jazzed about it!!  I'm thinking a couple of the blocks are too dark now that I can look at it all done, but it's done, so it's staying that way!! 

In between the preparing for and enjoying the holidays, I have been very busy working on my 2019 block-of-the-month program.  It really does take more than a year to design the quilt, all the fabrics, break it down into monthly segments and several fabric shipments, write and test the directions, make the quilt and print and stuff all the patterns for the program.  I completed the fabric designing yesterday, so all my notes and samples will ship to my art director at Marcus next week.  It sure feels good to have that portion done!!  (Happy Dance)

That means several other projects waiting their turn have now made it to the top of the To-Do list.  Always fun to begin something new, and I'm happy to report that exciting things are coming.  (Watch for a new promotion from me around the 20th of January...just for you! )

In the meantime, I hope life has slowed down a bit for you as well...to relax, enjoy and take it all in.  I'm going to prepare a few hand-stitching projects that I can work on in the evenings.  And, maybe I'll be able to complete another UFO tomorrow.  Now that would be wonderful.  I know just the project, too!  Another Nine Patch quilt that only need just one applique block and will  be ready to complete.  Hhmmm.....tempting...very tempting. 

Hope you find time to do what makes your heart sing!

11 comments:

  1. The New Year reminds of the UFO's hiding in containers in the closet. Time to get them out and see what needs to be done to finish. It always amazes me that I put projects away with so little to do to "be done". Enjoy the quieter time. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty little quilt and I really like that patch with the shaking hands in the middle. Since I have that fabric (somewhere) I may have to borrow that idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little nine-patch quilt - congratulations on finishing that cute project. And, amazing to hear the time it takes to create a block of the month project - there are dozens of details you, no doubt, have work out. Enjoy your free time on the other projects that have worked their way to the top of your To-Do List.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 9 Patch! I have so many UFO's that I refuse to count them, but I have designated 2018 as the Year of Finishes. I will count the finished quilts at the end of the year and am sure that I will start plenty of new quilts as well. Congrats on a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little quilt! Nice to take the time to slow down. Stay warm and enjoy your slower pace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping to work on some UFO's too now that the holidays are behind me. I love your little 9 patch. It's amazing how such tiny scraps can make something so beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing what new things are coming our way from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little nine patch. I have a few little quilts lying around on my sewing table under a pile of fabric. Now I feel inspired by you to finish them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE 9-patch quilts! What size are your blocks? That is one beautiful quilt! Great colors, contrast, variety! Makes me want to make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It such a cute photos and so nice. babies are imitated each other which is so adorable.

    Projector on Hire
    Plasma on Rent

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tours are always engaging and on the other hand interesting. You need to choose the right destination with right set of people. Look for a great package which can help you explore great places in one go. Do not miss out on great places.

    ReplyDelete