HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Winter Means Soup's On!

I seem to be deep into 'design mode' these days and that means I don't have a lot to show you right now.  Bummer!  But...that means there will be lots to share in the coming months.

We've been in the deep freeze here these last few weeks, and with my family, it means warming up over a hearty bowl of soup on those cold wintry days.  If you're like me, you enjoy the way the house smells with a cozy pot of soup on the stove.  

So...I thought I'd share one of my favorite soup concoctions ~ Minestrone!
The thing that puts this soup over the edge are tiny meatballs.  Oh...they are so yummy!!  

Making the meatballs are the only real work in this soup.  One pot is all that is needed for this soup so there aren't a lot of dishes to clean up either.  Win, Win!!

I made my meatballs a bit larger than a marble. They will shrink some when cooked and I just want them to fit on the spoon.  

The rest of the soup ingredients are dumped into the pot.  Even the pasta is uncooked when added and cooks in the broth!  Sweet!!
Garnish the Minestrone with shredded mozzarella cheese.  Better yet is the shredded Five Italian Cheese blend from Kraft.  That cheese blend is truly awesome!!  

Hope that warms your tummy!  Enjoy.

Click here for the recipe.  

I have my Pieceful Pines quilt back from my quilter friend Ronda now,  Oh, the quilting!!  I'll  have photos of the quilting to share with you next time.  

Until then....be a friend to your needle and thread.  

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I really hate cooking so a one pot meal is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the recipe! That looks so yummy - I can't wait t make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The measurements for the spices in the meatballs seem like a lot. Are those dried or fresh? Looks fantastic. I've never made it, but I'm gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Sounds delicious. Will make it next week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great recipe to try this upcoming stormy weekend! And thanks, too, for the easy-to-print PDF!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try that delicious soup! Thanks for sharing.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, thanks for sharing the recipe. Interesting that you are posting this as I was looking for a good minnestrone soup recipe a few days ago. One pot is good with me, as well. Have you ever tried making this in the crock pot? I would imagine it would work well, just adjusting a bit to accomodate the pasta and cooked meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm...soup is one of my favorite food groups! lol! :-)

    (had to delete the previous comment due to a typo...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, absolutely fantastic picture about"Winter Means Soup's On!"

    NIOS Admission 10th
    NIOS Admission 12th

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Pam. This looks SO yummy . . . can't wait to get to the commissary to get some ingredients so I can give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. made your soup this evening for supper. Yummy and filling! thank you!

    ReplyDelete