HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, January 15, 2018

Pieceful Pines Quilted

It's a snowy day here in suburban Chicago and the clouds make for a good day to photograph the quilting of my Pieceful Pines quilt.  
While the dim lighting is great for capturing the quilting details, keep in mind it makes the fabrics look much darker than they are.  
Pieceful Pines is not your usual Christmas quilt in that I chose and designed fabrics that still look historic, not full of Christmas-y motifs.  So, when my quilter and dear friend, Ronda and I were searching for quilting designs, I didn't want a lot of Christmas quilting designs either.
Ronda found lots of really cool designs.  I love feathers which look awesome in the red part of the Log Cabin blocks, and really love the spray design she chose for the other half.  I think the straight lines give nice juxtaposition to the soft rounds of the feathers....and it kinda reminds me of gingerbread molding.

This little design reminded me of two things....a snowflake and the Spirograph I used to play with as a kid!  It isn't overly Christmas-y and fits in nicely....I think.
The center wreath and star blocks have some other gorgeous designs.  I love this center.  It would make an awesome table topper centerpiece all by itself.  
I hope sharing our quilting designs will help you with ideas when your Pieceful Pines BOM is completed.  

Pieceful Pines begins in April and will end in November, just in time for next Christmas!!

Please ask for Pieceful Pines at your local quilt shop!  


A little birdy told me to say you really might like to check my blog on Friday morning.   Something special may be coming your way!

Just sayin.....

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, and the wonderful quilting patterns you two came up with just makes it sing all the more!! I really like that the fabrics aren't too Christmasy. And again, you picked the perfect name. You are so good at that Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO pretty, Pam! And thanks for the details of the quilting. That is always appreciated.
    Can't wait to find out what you have in store for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Danice, from Homespun Hannah's Blog. Oh what a gorgeous quilt, and fabrics. I love this quilt. Looking forward to what you have to say on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just beautiful! The quilting design looks like a wintery wind to me. Perfect choice for this wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt, Pam! The quilting is amazing and really compliments what you have done. I am hoping that this will be available locally in April.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The depth of color and texture in the quilting are amazing. Bravo, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very beautiful. Both the piecing design and the wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilting,fabric & design! I can't wait to find a quilt shop near me that carries it! BOM sounds interesting! I LoVe that it's not so Christmas y too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your finished quilt is beautiful Pam! I am really looking forward to doing this BOM. Thank you for designing such a pretty quilt and some more amazing fabrics.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังสยองขวัญ

    ReplyDelete